Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instructors Needed - VIR 3 days - Sept. 23-25

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:03 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Instructors Needed - VIR 3 days - Sept. 23-25

1st Settlers PCA needs more instructors for this three day event. 2 days on South and 1 day on Full.

I ran with this club in May and they were first class, plenty of track time, well organized and safe.

They charge instructors $150, but generally only assign one student so you are not overworked. And, not bad considering this is a 3 day event. Their spring event was full course for 3 days.

Here is a link to their information:
http://fst.pca.org/motoring.htm

Or you can email Don Bryant ... remove the ***
***dbryant61@***.net

Last edited by rbl; 08-24-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed the club over a month ago asking if they were accepting other brands and explained that I drove a Vette. Never even got the courtesy of a reply. Am I to understand that they will accept Corvette instructors (maybe out of necessity) but not accept lowly Corvette participants?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 AM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
I emailed the club over a month ago asking if they were accepting other brands and explained that I drove a Vette. Never even got the courtesy of a reply. Am I to understand that they will accept Corvette instructors (maybe out of necessity) but not accept lowly Corvette participants?
A mixup is all. Vettes are welcome and qualified instructors are welcome. My wife runs the Corvette and she has always been welcome. They are NOT the typical Porsche only club.

They had a mix-up on the site because they changed registrars after their May event and it was just recently (week or so) that they fixed the oversight. After they fixed that it seems to be smooth going.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Rex. I signed up a month ago. Via email/snailmail with Don. He's a nice guy and trying to get used to his new position as registrar.

This Porsche Club allows Vette students. Heck they even allow Miatas. There's a healthy contigent of us from THSCC signed up. It should be a fun event. The price is hard to beat especially with the 3rd bonus day being on Full Course.

Hi Rex/Deb! This is Graham, the silver Z06 that was pitted next you last event at VIR with Chin. And seem to be constantly running with Deb each session. See you out there in a few weeks.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:22 PM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by vms4evr
I agree with Rex. I signed up a month ago. Via email/snailmail with Don. He's a nice guy and trying to get used to his new position as registrar.

This Porsche Club allows Vette students. Heck they even allow Miatas. There's a healthy contigent of us from THSCC signed up. It should be a fun event. The price is hard to beat especially with the 3rd bonus day being on Full Course.

Hi Rex/Deb! This is Graham, the silver Z06 that was pitted next you last event at VIR with Chin. And seem to be constantly running with Deb each session. See you out there in a few weeks.
Hey Graham .... We will look for you there!

This should be interesting running South course for a couple of days. Would be especially nice if they had North but it looks like the motorcycle guys got it this year.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:16 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbl
Hey Graham .... We will look for you there!

This should be interesting running South course for a couple of days. Would be especially nice if they had North but it looks like the motorcycle guys got it this year.
I got a good look at South Course in May. Spent a day with Bertil Roos in their Formula cars. Never got Fish Hook where I was happy with it. Still plenty to learn for me. I would much rather do North for the 2 days. But it's worth it to get the seat time and 1 day on Full course on Monday. It'll make 8 weeks for me with no track so I'll be a tad rusty and anxious to get out there.

Btw, When we were at North with THSCC in April I bought the picture package. The photographer must really like Vettes. There are plenty of my car. There are a bunch of me and Deb playing cat and mouse. So if you'd like some high res pictures PM me your email and I'll send them on.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:41 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am already committed for Roebling that weekend - but it is highly unlikely I would pay for the priviledge to instruct.....but looks like a good group will be there and that I would pay for, maybe...

Get notified of new replies

To Instructors Needed - VIR 3 days - Sept. 23-25

Quick Reply: Instructors Needed - VIR 3 days - Sept. 23-25