Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Sept. 23 Roll Call w/ Safemotorsports.com

Old 09-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Sebring Sept. 23 Roll Call w/ Safemotorsports.com

Who's going? Robert, Steve and I are in, and since Mike's trans & bushings are in, I'm sure we'll be having a mod party to get him back out there also.

Oh, and if anybody's got some scrubs for Steve to use, he's in the market. 17 & 18's, some Nitto 555's would be great.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:44 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Who's going? Robert, Steve and I are in, and since Mike's trans & bushings are in, I'm sure we'll be having a mod party to get him back out there also.

Oh, and if anybody's got some scrubs for Steve to use, he's in the market. 17 & 18's, some Nitto 555's would be great.

I am in thanks for the help, see you this friday. Then again on the 23rd. We'll be staying at the track hotel on Sat.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 2HD's2vettes
I am in thanks for the help, see you this friday. Then again on the 23rd. We'll be staying at the track hotel on Sat.
Cool! By the way, we've got a track rental at Moroso and we vettes have been invited to take on the Mustangs at the Ford Show on 10/13/06 and 10/15/06, respectively. Hope you can make one or both.

Check it out here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1487216
Old 09-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there. Should be the debut of my convertible. I will have the Ferrari as well. I will be bringing a bunch of people too.

BTW does anyone know if Sebring has internet access?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Blocktrdr
I will be there. Should be the debut of my convertible. I will have the Ferrari as well. I will be bringing a bunch of people too.

That is great. Can't wait to see that baby.

I know Sebring has good Sprint cell phone access, if you've got a Sprint internet access card in your laptop I expect it will work great. I use mine all the time, very handy. Matter of fact today's Wall Street Journal is advertising free cards (normally $199, sometimes on sale for $49) with a 2 year contract.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

in club sebring I think they do but all that stuff is locked up during these events so not sure.

I'll have the miata out--getting my brother's feet wet. can someone take him out for a session to show him the ropes? no passenger seat in the miata.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

ttt. anybody else?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks to some car show in Colorado there will be no way to get my vette here in time. The truck has to wait to pick up cars on the way back. I'll still have the Ferrari there. If the wife doesn't come I can probably take your brother out Red Gump. If she comes I will probably be passengering with her as it's only her second event and I want to get her up to speed.

What about you Chill? You done working on that car yet. It's taking as long as mine.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

If the wife doesn't come I can probably take your brother out Red Gump. If she comes I will probably be passengering with her as it's only her second event and I want to get her up to speed.
thanks. I mentioned my situation to phil and asked if he'd mind me taking him out during the warmups, he said no problem so if I can get my vette squared away I think we'll be in good shape.

I want a ride in that **** though! everybody coming up early saturday or is anyone coming friday pm?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

I've got Steve (wanttospeed) joining Safe and bringing one or two friends. About 40 signed up yesterday Steve said. Should be a good turnout!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My car should be running by then but I'll be in Tampa that weekend with a 2 other families for the Yankees-Devil Rays series. I'm staying at the same hotel the Yankees are staying in.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you compare Safe with Chin?

Thanks,
MD
Old 09-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-Nomad

Thanks,
MD
SAFE has fewer members (fewer cars on track), fewer novices, more open track time. Chin has instructors readily available. SAFE offers no instruction. Overall SAFE is better if you are experienced.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

Thanks,
MD
you the same mike that ran speedventures with me? if so, very similar to speedventures only most participants are more experienced. like bill said, cheaper, less crowded.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Red Gump
you the same mike that ran speedventures with me? if so, very similar to speedventures only most participants are more experienced. like bill said, cheaper, less crowded.
Yes Sir. How is is going... You switched cars too? Last time I heard, you had made many improvements on it, but it HAS been a long time.

Sold my silver 02 Z, but just like a morphine addict, I fell off the wagon when I saw an EB/red 02 Z with 2965 miles about a year ago. Ran with NASA a couple of times since then, but they are trying to get everyone to eventually race wheel to wheel at the expense of the trackday guys tracktime.

I have already signed up for the Oct. 8 Chin (first time with them). Don't know if I can swing 2 Sebring events in 2 weeks ( SAFE weekend event is probably sold out by now, I'm sure) Seems like it would have been a wiser choice to sign with SAFE for this weekend, but I found out about it after signing up for Chin...

Good "talking" to you again !

Michael D.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

I have already signed up for the Oct. 8 Chin (first time with them). Don't know if I can swing 2 Sebring events in 2 weeks ( SAFE weekend event is probably sold out by now, I'm sure) Seems like it would have been a wiser choice to sign with SAFE for this weekend, but I found out about it after signing up for Chin...
Michael D.
glad you're off the wagon! give phil a call, more than likely slots still available. yeah, many mods here and a lot more experience--you'll have to earn the next point-by I give you. come on up, safe needs more members!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Unfortunately, I know of one spot that's opening up... mine.

I had international business associates change their schedule so I will be working that day. Such is life.

Last I knew there were still a few spots open.

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring Sept. 23 Roll Call w/ Safemotorsports.com

Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Z06-Nomad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Red Gump
glad you're off the wagon! give phil a call, more than likely slots still available. yeah, many mods here and a lot more experience--you'll have to earn the next point-by I give you. come on up, safe needs more members!
Will have to do some fast thinking about this...

What what would you say the ratio is between true street cars to dedicated track cars / race cars? (anyone feel free to answer)

Red, you were a total beginner back in the days we are talking about...
I'm sure you have done a couple of laps since then.. in any case, I always have the excuse that you have "local track knowledge" if you pass me now

MD
Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a in-car videos from SAFE events there. Gives an idea of the pace and the amount of traffic. The upside to SAFE is that pretty much the whole day is open session so you go out when you want.

Following C6 Z06

Following a GT3

Porsche 911's

Obviously the videos are typically cut to the parts where I am behind cars, so in reality there is not even this much traffic.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 PM
wanttospeed
Racer

Sorry to here that Joe G. might not make it to Sebring this time, but, i'll make sure your tires do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sebring Sept. 23 Roll Call w/ Safemotorsports.com