Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Bleeder Relocators...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
ace996
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Bleeder Relocators...

I can't believe that someone hasn't come out with a brake-bleeder-relocator kit...you know, something like a hard line that can be mounted above the caliper (like a hard-line with a remote bleeder nipple) to allow bleeding the brakes without jacking/wheel removal.
Is there nobody that's done this?

I may need to unleash my inner-fool and f'up my brakes...hopefully, there'll be something worth using afterwards...
-ace
Old 09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

something hanging out subject to damage would leave you in a bad postion.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
ace996
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you, but I'm not talking about 'hanging out'. Something along the lines of a hard-line routed close to the caliper with a bleed screw/nipple at the end. Just something "enough" to reach.

I had a CTS-V prior to the Z, and bleeding those were a 5 minute job. My friend's Porsche is the same way. There must be a way...

Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ace996
I hear you, but I'm not talking about 'hanging out'. Something along the lines of a hard-line routed close to the caliper with a bleed screw/nipple at the end. Just something "enough" to reach.

I had a CTS-V prior to the Z, and bleeding those were a 5 minute job. My friend's Porsche is the same way. There must be a way...

My Porsche can be bled with the wheels and tires on with no jacking required - but it was designed to do that...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:12 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

If you have the Wilwood SL6 kit, you can get a line for that shown below. It is intended to be used for a brake fluid recirculating system (which I love!) and with that you never have to bleed since every time you hit the brakes you are bleeding. However, with this, you could run a flex line out of this to a remote bleeder like on a clutch slave cylinder.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Bleeder Relocators...

Quick Reply: Brake Bleeder Relocators...