Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Petit Le Mans (ALMS'06) Entry List Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Petit Le Mans (ALMS'06) Entry List Out

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...try%20list.pdf

Zytek & Creation, to make it interesting in the LMP1 class.

The Astons are going with just 2 drivers in each car, opting to not add a third for the ~10hr/1000 mile job.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disappointed. Figured might have at least one addition for GT1. I guess it'll happen at Laguna. P1 should be interesting.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 AM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed Terry Borcheller about the lack of a team racing an S7R in ALMS and if he had heard of Oreca and their S7R.

His response from 9/18/06:

great question. I've wondered the same thing, since I'm not driving one. I've been in contact w/ oreca since they started w/ the s7r. there may be something there for me, but unknown at this point. they have their favs and I'm not sure this american guy is it. we'll see. they are possibly going to run at laguna seca. as far as acemco goes. they just were tired of spending all the money to finish 3rd. they were having to be the privateer and the factory, w/out any factory money/help. in other words, a privateer was having to pay all the racing bills and try and develope the car. very expensive. really is too bad we didn't run this year. w/ the performance adjustments imsa was willing to make, I think we would have had some great races w/ the aston's and the vette's. oh well. you may possibly see one at laguna or next year. we'll see. terry b

Get notified of new replies

To Petit Le Mans (ALMS'06) Entry List Out

Quick Reply: Petit Le Mans (ALMS'06) Entry List Out