Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track friendly insurance company?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:59 AM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default track friendly insurance company?

Allstate chose NOT to renew my homeowners policy. I have been with them since 1998 with no claims and perfect pay history. So..I have decided NOT to renew with them for my C5. I visit the track occasionally for DE events. Anyone suggest a track friendly insurance company?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:27 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that may be an oxymoron... not sure :
Old 09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What was the reason for the cancelation of the home owners insurance??
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brett Richmond
What was the reason for the cancelation of the home owners insurance??
Allstate has been non renewing thousands in florida. Their reason is to reduce the exposure to natural disasters (hurricanes). If you haven't guessed, I am in florida.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Ask other ppl in Florida. Car insurance policies are Exclussionary and specific to each state.

So company A my have exclussions about racing or timed events or practice there for racing or timed events, on ON circuits used for racinng or timed events in one state, but in an other state that same company may not have those exclussions.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Vetracr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my home owners cancelled too. A BIG problem in Florida. Check around on specific companies for rules as they apply in Florida. Many companies adverstise things that when you read the fine print exclude Florida (Like Allstates accident forgiveness promise. NOT in Florida).

I have Haggerty insurance on my C4 and this year they added language to the policy to the effect if you go near a track, closed area involving cars going fast, with or without timing, your not covered. There goes my HPDE events. its all but the buggers hold all the cards.

Larry
Old 09-22-2006, 02:26 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
So company A my have exclussions about racing or timed events or practice there for racing or timed events, on ON circuits used for racinng or timed events in one state, but in an other state that same company may not have those exclussions.

I think in general, a safe assumption, even if you are not excluded, is that if you wad it up on track that you may be covered first time, but stand a decent chance of being dropped.

Just an assumption, but a safe one to be prepared for.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:38 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

allstate is dropping Long Island homes too.... but since I have my auto's with Allstate, they decided to keep my house insured.

But Allstate clearing says HPDE's are not covered, so their useless anyway. and I'm a 25 year customer with them....
Old 09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by larryfs

But Allstate clearing says HPDE's are not covered, so their useless anyway. and I'm a 25 year customer with them....
Not in all states. NC does not have that exclussion.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

I think you will find Ins. companies trying to drop anything on the track including "driver ed./driver training" events due to high loss ratios and very high payout amounts on loses. I reget to say if I had an Insurance Co. I would not cover those events either
Old 09-22-2006, 05:49 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by yellow01
I think in general, a safe assumption, even if you are not excluded, is that if you wad it up on track that you may be covered first time, but stand a decent chance of being dropped.

Just an assumption, but a safe one to be prepared for.

they did not drop me, just jacked my rates up sky high.

The idea of you wad it up you pay for it will help keep ppl under control on the track, hopefully/
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Supercar
2nd Gear

My State Farm is not track friendly. But I have heard good words about AAA. Since you are searching for an insurance, could you please check them out and let us know?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by larryfs
allstate is dropping Long Island homes too.... but since I have my auto's with Allstate, they decided to keep my house insured.

I had an Allstate agent try to get my business and I had him check on Driver's Education track events...he told be they were covered...just what I was told by some sales guy.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercar
My State Farm is not track friendly. But I have heard good words about AAA. Since you are searching for an insurance, could you please check them out and let us know?

AAA dropped my dad back in 83' when he bought a Porsche 944 with 143 HP. He had been with AAA for 25 years. they sent him a notice that he had 6 months to find a different provider.

Get notified of new replies

To track friendly insurance company?

Quick Reply: track friendly insurance company?