Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Solo Finale results.................

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Pro Solo Finale results.................

OMG, Corvettes actually won two classes.......Congratulations to Harold Olsen (BSP) and Hector San Nicholas (ASP). I speculated that a Corvette would not win at all in Topeka '06, guess I was wrong. The leading Corvette in SS I believe was 2.5 sec. behind, Corvette in AS finished second, SM2 Corvettes did not fair very well, leading one was in 3rd. The two classes that were won by Corvettes was suprising, no one entered really anything that was a threat ( including ex-Corvetter Scotty b. White in the "superbad" viper, he is screwed in Topeka for all the same reasons the Corvettes are) . We'll see what happens this week though.........my predications may hold true.

PS> Mike "junior" Johnson , WTF ?????

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 09-24-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 PM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
PS> Mike "junior" Johnson , WTF ?????
No doubt - what happened in ASP??? wasn't that the "itchy *****" car that won? hmm....

BSP will be a different story for the Corvettes when the rally cars run next week.

Too bad you couldn't make it and my SM2 Corvette had last minute problems...

Bob
Old 09-23-2006, 08:50 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

ASP came down with a bad case of "ITCHY *****"

The car was smoking fast-----

Looked like a freakin pick-up truck.

The Hoosiers rocked

Hector is from Cuba, came over to the US when he was a little kid.

But he was the one who put the rest of ASP out to sea, on a RAFT (double meaning raft, as in a device to float in the water, and also R.A.F.T---as Danny has helped me with my car.

Actually I will now offically share the secret to "Team Itchy *****" success. I have personally developed the advanced driving technique of scratching your nuts while driving---I have told Hector he needs to do this to be fast.

He told me to shut the f up when I told him to do that---
I guess he just drove his nuts off.

Go Team ! ITCHY *****
Old 09-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Red5
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good Job team itchey *****.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:28 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Atta boy Hector!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:53 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

To get the anti-Corvette point across, look at the winning times ASP, BSP vs. such a class as SS............................or CSP

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...20Final%20.pdf
Old 09-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

The leading Corvette in SS I believe was 2.5 sec. behind, )
Jerry Onks 3rd in the morning and 7th in the afternoon and 9th overall? Is that how it's read?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:24 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 03Ragtop
Jerry Onks 3rd in the morning and 7th in the afternoon and 9th overall? Is that how it's read?

I talked with Jerry yesterday afternoon, he was not having so much fun (as he expected also)..........Jerry was the 3rd Corvette in SS, I forget but I think he was 3-4 sec. from first
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

I talked with Jerry yesterday afternoon, he was not having so much fun (as he expected also)..........Jerry was the 3rd Corvette in SS, I forget but I think he was 3-4 sec. from first
Jerry and I had the same problem, no decent time on the left course. Jerry got behind on day one, carrying a cone on his one fast scratch on the left and just couldn't make it happen on day two.

Lance Adams (a very good driver from TX) was quickest Corvette in SS, David Rock pulled out a fast last run and ended up second Corvette (and last trophy, at sixth overall), I was a tenth behind Dave and then Jerry and Tom Kotzian. I was driving a car I'd never sat in before with a big front bar, Hoosiers, higher rear ride height...GREAT car, but I'd never driven one with any of those items and never really got comfortable and was waaaay too conservative. The car was definitely good enough to have been top Corvette.

The GT3 was in another area code, but GT still drove the wheels off of it...I'd give one second to GT and 1.5 seconds to the car

Also, Danny? I worked course when Erik was driving his 3 rotor RX7...all I can tell you is you better be loaded for bear...that car is scary fast. We'll be rooting for you!

Congrats to Hector and Team Itchy ***** on the ASP win.

Last edited by tigerdrvr; 09-24-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:08 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

The fastest SS Corvette was actually Breakey's Z in SM2. Mike ran it in SS and Adam and I ran it in SM2. Adam finished in 4th in SM2 with a time that put him ahead of Lance's time in SS. My last place time in SM2 would have placed me 11th in SS (out of 20) ahead of Kotzian's time.

It's a sandy course that's hard to put power down but the GT3s owned it. Gary lost what appeared to be his universal joint on a launch in the challenge to slip him out.

Hector pulled a great final run to vault to the top of ASP.

Danny, Erik's car is a monster and the wing was enormous. I've never seen so many wings at an event...I thought I was at a ricer convention.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wait until BSP runs. Tak in the Evo was amazingly fast at the Kansas region warmup yesterday. I didn't see all the times, but I'm pretty sure he and his co-driver beat all of stock, SP, and SM/SM2 (including Erik in the RX-7). Thomason was there though, probably because of the busted axle.

Dave G.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by talon95
Just wait until BSP runs. Tak in the Evo was amazingly fast at the Kansas region warmup yesterday. I didn't see all the times, but I'm pretty sure he and his co-driver beat all of stock, SP, and SM/SM2 (including Erik in the RX-7). Thomason was there though, probably because of the busted axle.

Dave G.
Thats what I am talkin' bout.............................
Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Thats what I am talkin' bout.............................
Yep. Everyone is looking at the awd domination at the Pro and trying to pin it just on the 60' difference...heck, that difference has existed all year! The reason awd dominated the Pro is because the cars have so much more forward bite, in all areas, on the HPT surface. That isn't going to change in Nationals and the awd cars will kick axx.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Great to hear the Corvettes doing good.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Great to hear the Corvettes doing good.
Are you kidding ??????? First day of solo2 Nationals start tomorrow. The ASP Corvettes got a huge break, by the Gary Thomason Porsche GT3 being broken, James Gunn was supposed to drive it in ASP, and we all know how fast he is
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grip levels on the new surface really suck, it takes a few 100 runs on the line to get it decent, but 6"off and you are in the sand and spinning. Everyone is running rain setups to try and get some bite. We are fighting push at all speeds,plus no good power down. I ended up3rd behind the two MR2 Spyder drivers, but they were far ahead.

Mid, rear, and AWD cars have a distinct advantage, so do soft cars that transfer weight slow and gently. Hope the Solo II courses get better after some runs.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

I,yi,yi Stan............I thought you would be one of the Corvettes that had the potential to win..........and your car does seem to put power down well for a Corvette. Good Luck Stan and all other Corvette participants, you are going to need it unfortuneatly

Get notified of new replies

To Pro Solo Finale results.................

Old 09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Are you kidding ???????
No, they WON they weren't predicted to win at all.

Letting cars run unlimited boost is rediculous. It was done since it's hard to police, and to appeal to the ricers. How about appealing to the people actually running cars!

Last edited by BrianCunningham; 09-26-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 AM
talon95
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XPC5R
Grip levels on the new surface really suck, it takes a few 100 runs on the line to get it decent, but 6"off and you are in the sand and spinning. Everyone is running rain setups to try and get some bite. We are fighting push at all speeds,plus no good power down. I ended up3rd behind the two MR2 Spyder drivers, but they were far ahead.

Mid, rear, and AWD cars have a distinct advantage, so do soft cars that transfer weight slow and gently. Hope the Solo II courses get better after some runs.
It will be better later in the week (assuming no rain). There was a noticeable improvement on day 2 at the divisional (I ran 2nd heat). Still gotta thread the needle as you say to stay out of the marbles.

I feel for the BSP guys running 1st heat this morning though. Gonna be a slick SOB, particularly since it's cool out too.

Dave G.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

I,yi,yi Stan............I thought you would be one of the Corvettes that had the potential to win..........and your car does seem to put power down well for a Corvette. Good Luck Stan and all other Corvette participants, you are going to need it unfortuneatly
Danny are you not running Nationals? Because of the engine in the SM2 car?

Quick Reply: Pro Solo Finale results.................