Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full T1 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Full T1 Setup

Who is running a full T1 suspension Setup. I have the T1 bars and I am either going with the coilovers or going the T1 route which will include springs and shocks.

I think the T1 setup is good and proven plus alot less to full around with to dial it in correctly. I am not sure I can benefit 100% from coil overs....
Old 09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Bad Machine
Melting Slicks

Location: Rude, Loud and Aggressive! ECS Twisted Racing, "How fast do ya wanna go?"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
Who is running a full T1 suspension Setup. I have the T1 bars and I am either going with the coilovers or going the T1 route which will include springs and shocks.

I think the T1 setup is good and proven plus alot less to full around with to dial it in correctly. I am not sure I can benefit 100% from coil overs....
Anything to be faster, I'm buying Michael Shumacher's 2005 F-1 car!

Same here Bob, I've been checking on this and It's about as good as it gets with a stock car. I think we would spend more time trying to tweak with coil overs than what we go to the track for, FUN!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Bad Machine
Anything to be faster, I'm buying Michael Shumacher's 2005 F-1 car!
I am being more realistic - GTR with TT Vette engine is on the board
Old 09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is speed beyond T1 components, without going to coil-overs. Been done too many times...........VBP.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:39 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

The T1 kit is a very good, economical way to go fast...no doubt about it. Plus, it sets you up nicely if you ever want to come run with us - it's a hoot!!!!!!

Unless you plan on racing the car or doing a bunch of these events (more than 6 a year), I'd just stick with the Z suspension plus your T1 bars. It's a good compromise - decent on ride for the street yet still screamin' fast on the track. You can put the SACHS shocks on there for $600 a set, but again, it just depends on how much you want to do. I'd spend it on seat time personally. Good luck either way!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
There is speed beyond T1 components, without going to coil-overs. Been done too many times...........VBP.

my car will smoke a T-1 one car with the VBP springs and my re-valved Bilsteins easily. The spring and shock combo's are known. Took me a bit to dial in but Raftracer I'm sure has the experience in setting up the combo's. My car is a bit different with the downforce. I would like to get adjustable Penskes for next year. You would not believe how easy it is to drive a car that is not rolling over. The most common comment I get is "It goes where ever you point it" Depends if you want a street ride also. It wouldn't bother me. I think my C5 rides better than my C4GS

Coilovers will work nice also if they are sent out with the right springs and setup.

WW / Bob is going to need rehab soon he is hooked big time!

Last edited by John Shiels; 09-25-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

I have the T1 setup, well except I have revalved Bilstiens but otherwise I have everything else.

I wish I would have listened to Danny and some others. The springs are just not firm enough.

It's not a bad set up, but it's a long way from the fast set up.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Watch a race like Lou's car in SWC see his car rolling and pitching? It's all about contact patch and keeping it I guess. I would like to go even heavier on my springs if I can. I think 1300 is about max as the can't get enough fiber in the mold size of the spring.

Last edited by John Shiels; 09-25-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by wtknght1
The T1 kit is a very good, economical way to go fast...no doubt about it. Plus, it sets you up nicely if you ever want to come run with us - it's a hoot!!!!!!

Unless you plan on racing the car or doing a bunch of these events (more than 6 a year), I'd just stick with the Z suspension plus your T1 bars. It's a good compromise - decent on ride for the street yet still screamin' fast on the track. You can put the SACHS shocks on there for $600 a set, but again, it just depends on how much you want to do. I'd spend it on seat time personally. Good luck either way!

I am doing anywhere from 15-20 track events per year. This year it was 15. I know seat time is the best way to get faster, but I figure during the winter down time I could change the setup for my events next year and then go from there.

honestly next year I am thinking another year of HPDEs and then the following year have a T1 car (I will buy this done. I dont want to spend the money and/or time setting up one). I know I need to learn more before trying to compete wheel to wheel.

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 09-25-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Old 09-25-2006, 08:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Seat time is great but after a point you need the right equipment to increase you speed.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

PM him, he'll make ya' fast

Dan will tell you he's not that fast, his car is just that good
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

Boy, there sure are a lot of experts on this forum lately......

But, I'll chime in as well. T1 is fine, and more than 99% of the drivers can ever take advantage of. VBP makes some great products as well, and if you aren't rules limited, I'd go with them. Either way, just keep heat away from the springs (wrap rear exhaust, for instance), and they'll last a long long time.

The only advantage to coil-overs is the ability to (relatively) easily/cheaply change spring rates....assuming you are smart enough to know what springs you need in the first place
Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Boy, there sure are a lot of experts on this forum lately......

But, I'll chime in as well. T1 is fine, and more than 99% of the drivers can ever take advantage of. VBP makes some great products as well, and if you aren't rules limited, I'd go with them. Either way, just keep heat away from the springs (wrap rear exhaust, for instance), and they'll last a long long time.

The only advantage to coil-overs is the ability to (relatively) easily/cheaply change spring rates....assuming you are smart enough to know what springs you need in the first place
Exactly. Most people don't even know how to set ride height, tire pressure and alignments properly, now throw multi-adjustable shocks and varying spring rates into the mix and you have the recipe for NEVER getting it right. IMHO, until you are fast enough and consistant enough to take advantage a none adjustable setup, there is no way to even take advantage of an adjustable one. Just the other day I was talking to a local guy with an '02 Z06 just like mine, his was bone stock. He mentioned how much he needed to "find some speed" because he was stuck at a 1:31 lap on Summit Point main. Seemed to think it was the car, and that he needed suspension and motor work to find time. I told him it's not the car, something he didn't much like.

Joe
Old 09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

just because coil-overs are adjustable if you get a decent set up no reason to adjust them all the time more than a spring set up
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

I forget who said it, but if there are 10 settings, 9 of them are wrong
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by yellow01

I forget who said it, but if there are 10 settings, 9 of them are wrong

Get notified of new replies

To Full T1 Setup

Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

[QUOTE=John Shiels
WW / Bob is going to need rehab soon he is hooked big time![/QUOTE]

Old 09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS

what are you laughing you will be right next to me.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

what are you laughing at you are the pusher.....

It's a good thing I'm not hooked.

Quick Reply: Full T1 Setup