Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Guys - Need info on seat mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Guys - Need info on seat mounts

Did a search and came up with a ton of C5 info but not much C4.

I will be building a 96 for BSP as well as open-track. The car will have shared drivers for autocrosses and the 2 of us are very different sizes so it will be necessary to have 2 seats that can be changed quickly (ie: sidemounts) as well as adjustability front to back.

I see several slider options for C5s. Does anything like this exist for the C4s? I have been looking for several days but haven't found much. I am not against fabricating something if I have a definite starting point to work with such as the ability to modify stock manual sliders for the task.

What are you guys doing?

Also - What Sparco seats are known to fit in a C4? Which don't?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

I use Kirky seats in both sides of my C4. I bought Hardbar mounts on the drivers side, but they are kind of pricey and I am cheap On the passenger side, I went to Lowe's, bought some 1 1/2" square tubing that was perferated on all sides. A little fabricaton gave me a tube that slid down over the stock seat mount bolts that I could bottom mount the Kirkys to. No adjustability, but if I understand you correctly, you are going to be changing seats when you change drivers. With the mounts I describe, you could pull the four nuts, move the seats foreward or aft to other holes and then put the nuts back on. If you get to the Charlotte area, look me up. Will be glad to show you.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:59 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Hardbar used my car to prototype thier seat mounts.
There good units, top notch, and you won't have to worry about failure at speed.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

I didn't see mounts for a C4 listed on their site - only C5s. Did I miss something or is there an unpublicized fact that the mounts work in either car?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
but if I understand you correctly, you are going to be changing seats when you change drivers.
The problem with that scenario is the fact that I would probably need to go under the car to get the inboard bolts. Sidemount seats can be swapped with the car on the ground by 2 people in about 5 minutes.

I will most likely rigid mount the passenger side seat as It has no reason to move.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I had the Corbeau Forza seats in my C4 and I bought the Corbeau seat rails. They move fwd and aft and are just like your standard sliding seat rails.
Although, they will not be very easy to quickly change seats. You could get a Corbeau Forza II which are made for guys 220 lbs+.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

Originally Posted by fastzr1
I had the Corbeau Forza seats in my C4 and I bought the Corbeau seat rails. They move fwd and aft and are just like your standard sliding seat rails.
I had those rails in my race car with a Forza seat. If I was going bottom mount that wouldn't be an issue but I need to run side-mount to facilitate the changes. In fact if I didn't need to change seats this would all be a non-issue as I would bolt a Pro 2000 directly to the floor with chassis reinforcement plates and be done with it.
Although, they will not be very easy to quickly change seats. You could get a Corbeau Forza II which are made for guys 220 lbs+.
My father is 5' 10" and over 220lbs. I am 5' 7" and 150lbs. Me fitting in a Forza II, Evo 2, etc. is sort of the same as him trying to fit into a standard sized seat. It just isn't gonna work out.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I didn't see mounts for a C4 listed on their site - only C5s. Did I miss something or is there an unpublicized fact that the mounts work in either car?
His website crashed a while back, and he's still restoring it.
He's got the seat rails.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

How much do I need to budget for them?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:41 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

We do have C4 rails in stock, $300 per seat. They look similar to the C6/C6 rails below but are shorter.

Gary Hoffman
hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073
Old 09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Drew Manzella
Advanced

Thanks for the info Gary.

Can you tell me how those mount and how much adjustability there is for the seat front to back?

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Guys - Need info on seat mounts

Quick Reply: C4 Guys - Need info on seat mounts