Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRM Power Steering Hose - Cross Post C4 Tech

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
RickF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DRM Power Steering Hose - Cross Post C4 Tech

I tried this on C4 Tech with no luck.

Tried to install my DRM Power Steering hose yesterday and cannot get it to fit. The oem hose is mostly hard tubing that runs up behind the pulleys/serpentine. I tired to route the DRM hose the same way and I am having a problem with where the hose connects to the pump. Where the oem hose had "goose neck" tubing to connect to the pump, the DRM has an approximately 45 degree angle fitting (on both ends). This 45 degree fitting will not clear the alternator bracket and therefore sits close enough to rub the compressor pulley.

The hose appears to have the same 45 degree fitting on both ends so it doesn't appear to matter which end connects to the pump and which end connects to the gear. Is this correct?

Is there a different way the hose should route other than to follow the same route as the oem hose?

Any tips on the install? What am I missing? I spent all afternoon on this Sunday including a trip to Sears for more tools.

Thanks for your help. Pics also appreciated.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:53 PM
c6rpowered
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the drm hose goes in thru the serpintene belt from the front..easy to do ..do your self a favor ..put some rubber hose around it for protection..
worked for me!!
johnny
Old 10-02-2006, 10:19 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,741 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Mine DRM line runs from the ps pump towards the outside of the car (i.e towards the wheel well vs towards the center of the engine) and then curves under the ac compressor where it loops again towards the ps rack. It's not the same routing as the factory hose. You'll also want to use some zip ties to keep it secure. Be sure to get both ends of the hose started before tightening.

Mine is wrapped with heater hose to prevent chaffing as another poster suggested.

I seem to recall, the two fittings are different, but then again it's been a long time since I installed mine. My car is in storage 2000 miles away, so I can't snap any pics.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:18 AM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

mine runs backwards, but sure is close to the serp.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had to file some material off my AC delete bracket, but it fit without doing that...I just didn't want it rubbing.

If you need pics let us know, I can post some. I'm not at home to verify, but I think my routing was quite different than stock.

BTW, it's a PITA to get that thing tight. Check for leaks after you drive around for a bit (after the install, of course).
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 AM
RickF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Guys.
I am going to try again today. I will get some hose to wrap it in.

Get notified of new replies

To DRM Power Steering Hose - Cross Post C4 Tech

Quick Reply: DRM Power Steering Hose - Cross Post C4 Tech