Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca track day on Nov 2nd, only $285!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Vezna31
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Seca track day on Nov 2nd, only $285!

Laguna Seca here we come!!!

Come on out to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with Leadfoot Adventures and T.E.A.M Racing on Thursday Nov 2nd for a great track day at this world-famous road course! T.E.A.M. and Leadfoot Adventures are known for their low cost - high value events, and this one is no exception! Registration is only $285 and is now open at Motorsportsreg.com. This event is expected to fill up quickly since Laguna events are hard to get into and usually cost over $300 (sometimes way more than that!)

As always, breakfast in the morning and bottled water all day are included at no extra charge. All drivers are welcome to attend the morning classroom session as well as the instructional novice and intermediate download sessions throughout the day. Each driver will receive at least 5 run sessions and will be sharing the track with other drivers of similar experience/skill (novice, intermediate, advanced.) Full event details can be found at LeadfootAdventures.com.

Gates open at 6:45. See ya at the track!

Last edited by Vezna31; 10-12-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Vezna31
Cruising

Registration is OPEN!!

With a possible sellout happening, we encourage everyone to pay when registering to guarantee your spot. If there is a waitlist and there are registrants who haven't yet paid, those slots will be forfeited to those on the waitlist who will pay. Here's the link and see you at the track!!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...963FC372E78784
Old 10-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Topload
Racer

REALLY wish I could come play on this track! It's been recently re-paved and couldn't be in better shape - I've just gotten back to the sunny midwest after a 3 day racing course at Skip Barber (on Laguna Seca) and my fun meter is pegged at full. Amazing place to drive - watch out for the ground squirrels coming out of turn 8a.......
Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Vezna31
Cruising

Originally Posted by Topload
REALLY wish I could come play on this track! It's been recently re-paved and couldn't be in better shape - I've just gotten back to the sunny midwest after a 3 day racing course at Skip Barber (on Laguna Seca) and my fun meter is pegged at full. Amazing place to drive - watch out for the ground squirrels coming out of turn 8a.......
"Freeze, gopher"!!!....I mean road pizza
Old 10-14-2006, 03:02 PM
IwntmyZTV
Racer

All signed up and ready to go!!!! The anticpation is killing me-
I had to miss out on the buttonwillow track day and have been itching to go ever since.

Now i get to lose my "track virginity" on a world famous stretch of track i've been drooling over ever since i moved to central Cal...

Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 PM
monkeymaker
Advanced

Originally Posted by IwntmyZTV
All signed up and ready to go!!!! The anticpation is killing me-
I had to miss out on the buttonwillow track day and have been itching to go ever since.

Now i get to lose my "track virginity" on a world famous stretch of track i've been drooling over ever since i moved to central Cal...

Right on, Erik. You may be spoiled forever busting your cherry at Laguna!

By the way, we're going to set up a hotel discount and announce it pretty soon so stay tuned for that.

I have a question for you guys, too... we want to get some people together to chill and socialize at the wharf in Monterey, maybe at the Blue Fin. Which night would you prefer to do it?

The night before the track day?
Right after the track day ends?
Both?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Vezna31
Cruising

I'm still waiting to hear from back from the hotel for details, but we should know by tomorrow what the rate will be.

So far in less than a week of open registration and we are more than half filled!! Don't wait until the last minute to register!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:48 PM
monkeymaker
Advanced

Okay gang, here’s where we are with regards to the openings still available at this event:

Adv: 8 open spots remaining
Int-1: 8
Int-2: 5
Novice: 6

Registration remains only $285 and is open here.

As promised, we've set up a hotel discount at the Mariposa Inn in Monterey. Call 1-800-824-2295 and tell them you’re with the “Leadfoot” group. They have 6 rooms available at $59, 11 at $69, 7 at $79, and more. It’s a pretty nice place, and it’s only a couple miles from the track.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
monkeymaker
Advanced

The event is approaching capacity now, but there's still a little room. A few drivers have yet to pay up so waitlisted drivers will have a decent shot to get in. Here's what's still open:

Adv: 7 open spots remaining
Int-1: 6
Int-2: 3
Novice: 1

Last edited by monkeymaker; 10-22-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Instructor

I am signed up! I love laguna best. I was at T-hill on Thursday with http://www.castrep.com/PrivateTrackDay.htm and can't wait for more. I will, unfortunately, be driving a Mazda - can't have everything.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
monkeymaker
Advanced

Okay late birds, if you can break free for a fun time on track this Thursday, we do still have a couple spots open in both the Advanced and High-Intermediate run groups.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:58 AM
Kalway
Safety Car

I wish I was able to go to that. Money, injuries, and my vette not being quite ready are the main things that prevent me from being able to enter. I'd go in a heartbeat if I wasn't injured and my carb was tuned for the track already. >_<
Old 10-31-2006, 11:21 AM
IwntmyZTV
Racer

Originally Posted by monkeymaker
Right on, Erik. You may be spoiled forever busting your cherry at Laguna!

By the way, we're going to set up a hotel discount and announce it pretty soon so stay tuned for that.

I have a question for you guys, too... we want to get some people together to chill and socialize at the wharf in Monterey, maybe at the Blue Fin. Which night would you prefer to do it?

The night before the track day?
Right after the track day ends?
Both?
The Blue fin is the second level bar with the pool tables on cannery row right? Nice place- count me in for afterwards.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:25 AM
monkeymaker
Advanced

Originally Posted by IwntmyZTV
The Blue fin is the second level bar with the pool tables on cannery row right? Nice place- count me in for afterwards.
Turns out the Blue Fin is out of business. We're scrambling to find another spot to hang out. Maybe at Stokes, I dunno yet. Hang in there and I'll try to get it squared away today.

Get notified of new replies

To Laguna Seca track day on Nov 2nd, only $285!

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca track day on Nov 2nd, only $285!