Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just back from running the full course at Autobahn!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Just back from running the full course at Autobahn!

WOW! That is an awesome track! Roc and I were invited by Mike, Short-Throw, to attend the Autobahn's Oktober Fest this past Friday and today. We were treated to one on one instruction by a former indy car driver Tom Bagley and Grand Am and Bondurant Instructor Kevin Krauss. They worked with us half the day on Friday and really got us ready for the rest of Friday and Saturday. They are awesome instructors and unreal drivers!

At first, being it was a new track, Roc and I were lost, but with the instruction of Tom and Kevin we really picked it up and learned the track. If you have been on the Autobahn you know how technical it is, if you have never been on it I encourage you to find a way to get on the track! By today we were holding our own on the track against the the other cars on the track. Being I am a track newb I sure learned alot of car control and proper driving. Roc being a veteran learned alot as well.

What a great experience and I hope to make it an annual thing.

Many thanks Mike for taking care of us this past weekend.

I hope to have some photos to you all tomorrow! There is one shot of my car almost getting airborn!

Adam Boca
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Autobahn full course is a blast. I ran on a Monday there testing for OLOA back in April. When we first arrived the track was absolutley saturated from the previous nights hard rains, but dried by noon. Autobahn full is a very technical course and it may have taken a little longer for me to feel comfortable there as compared to other facilities ( learning tracks with objects to HIT in the rain , can take some patience). It is not a very fast track, both of the longer staights on the full course are relativley low speeds as compared to other places. Very important to plan ahead and have car placement through the slow stuff leading onto those straightaways. I had a riot that particular day............

Went back 3 weeks later for OLOA and we run only the South Course and it was no where near as much fun.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Went back 3 weeks later for OLOA and we run only the South Course and it was no where near as much fun.
Yeah the South Course is not that thrilling...The North Course is where it is at!

Adam
Old 10-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
I hope to have some photos to you all tomorrow! There is one shot of my car almost getting airborn!

Adam Boca
Adam,

I won't steal your thunder! I am emailing you pics now. I may throw a few up in the C6 Z06 section though.

Thanks for the kind words.
Nothing like a little warm up before CMP next week.

Adam and Roc did great. I rode with Adam the second day to help him extract time. All I can say is that he was getting fast enough to scare me......a good sign he was catching on!

Mike
Old 10-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks Mike! Here is a photo of me getting a little air...

Last edited by Adam Boca; 10-22-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a look at the spacing between Adam's front tire and fender in the first pic versus the second. That'll bring up lunch in a hurry!

Mike
Old 10-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Take a look at the spacing between Adam's front tire and fender in the first pic versus the second. That'll bring up lunch in a hurry!

Mike
LOL! Is that how the BMWs got an interior detailing?

Get notified of new replies

To Just back from running the full course at Autobahn!

Quick Reply: Just back from running the full course at Autobahn!