Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accusump installation observations

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

Default Accusump installation observations

At the NASA races this weekend, I saw several cars with their accusumps mounted incorrectly. You need the outlet end mounted upward. It doesn't need to be straight but, but at a slight angle. This lets any air bubbles pumped into the accusump purge out. If you mount the gauge end higher, air bubbles get trapped against the piston, causing capacity losses in the system, and could force the piston to not stay square in the bore.

Anyway, just something I thought worth mentioning.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Accusump is mounted the way you describe ( best packaged in my car) but I believe in the Canton instructions the say it doesn't matter which way it is oriented. Most T1 cars I see have them in the left front fender with the outlet down (easiest for them to get into the rear oil galley). Mine is mounted in the passenger fender.
When I discharged my accusump after having a cut oil pump sump o-ring, my oil that was discharged looked like a carbonated soft-drink , even though it is mounted like you suggest. I discharged the accusump 20 hours after it was last ran.........

Quick Reply: Accusump installation observations