Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noobie C4 suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:38 PM
green-dragon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noobie C4 suspension questions

I'm new to autox,and vetts in general. I just ran my car a few weeks ago in my first autox and I'm hooked. While I realize that seat time is going to be the best way to go faster I'd like to work on my car a bit also. My car is a 1994 6 speed coupe with the FE1(soft ride suspension), FX3 ride control and 3.45 axle ratio. The car is also going to be used on the street so I'd like to keep the street ride from being to uncomfotrable.

So, My first question is can someone recommend which swaybars to use? I've heard 30mm front 26mm rear. Is that enough or to much?
Second, what about revalving the shocks and a different chip for the electronic ride controler? Is it possible to revalve the shocks so that the stiffest setting is stiffer than stock and leave the softest setting alone? I was also wondering if I coulg get a different chip for the controler that would set the shocks all the way stiff no matter what the speed and also leave the softest setting alone for a comfortable ride off track?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get different opinions, but I recommend the 32/26 set up. Check with Merle at www.exoticmuscle.com for a different chip for the FX3 controller, that is where I got mine. He could assist you with the revalved shocks as could Bilstein, also use the search function as there are numerous valuable discussion on C$ setup such as
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...light=bilstein
Also a spare set of wheels(9.5"s) so you can mount R compound rubber, which will be the biggest improvement of all.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:06 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a word of caution, if you're running SCCA keep in mind that mods may change your class and bump you into BSP where you need a lot to be competitive.

You have the right idea about seat time and more seat time. That being said, extra wheels and R compounds will be a good bang for the buck, like Sydney said.

If you want a well handling car and to stay in AS (again assuming SCCA) you can use the update/backdate rule to go to a Z07 package that should handle well.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Daffy
Florida turtle advocate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Look into NCCC events in your area...You'll get a lot more seat time( usually 14 runs per day) and a lot better class structure for Corvettes.

Get notified of new replies

To noobie C4 suspension questions

Quick Reply: noobie C4 suspension questions