Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgraded Fuel System!!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
stickystuff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded Fuel System!!! Help

just got a set of f.a.s.t. fuel rails and their install/conversion kit.

it came with one line that makes sense which will connect both rails together. it has -8 fittings and will connect the back of the rails. what i dont have is info and what connects the stock fuel line to the new rail.

i called comp the maker of f.a.s.t. products and they are no help. comp replied saying that the conversion adapter and line was included. i told them it was not. all i got was one line a fp gague and some fittings. comp gave me attitude and said the girl that backed it said it was in there. i replied that the sounds great but it is not! they said they are going to build another kit and weigh it to see if it matches the weight of was shipped to me. on top of that they dont even seem to know their own product when i ask tech questions...

can someone please post pictures of their set up from the stock line with the conversion adapter on it to where it feeds on your rail.

i also heard you need to trim the back of the firewall where the cross over line goes so it can fit. is this true?

why cant i leave s%$t stock

thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 12:21 PM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a GM quick disconnect (male) to AN6 or AN8 adapter. AN6 is the more common size, try these guys for it - they are the street rod motor swap suppliers:

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

From there you can assemble a combination of AN6 and AN8 lines and adapters to connect to one end of the fuel rail.

The ideal setup is for your factory fuel line to feed into a T, which splits and feeds each rail , then connect the crossover at the back. Lots more AN fittings and lines though.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Fuel System!!! Help