Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW PRODUCT - hood bra on track paint protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW PRODUCT - hood bra on track paint protection

I found this new product at SEMA last week. The manufacturers designed it more for the tailgate party crowd as an inexpensive alternative to wrapping your car. I immediately thought of protection for the hood while doing HPDE's. This is the first and only automotive hood cover that will cover and protect the entire hood of your car.

The new space-age material will not damage paint like traditional nose bras do. It installs in five minutes, can be removed in seconds, and reinstalled time after time. Machine washable and dryer safe.

This is a universal fit item, but as you can see, fits great on the C6. About the only thing it won't fit on is a Hummer H2 or larger hood.

The one shown on my car is the Carbon Fiber pattern. Also available: Flames, American Flag, Tennessee, Florida Gators, Univ. of Kentucky, Texas Longhorns, Alabama Crimson Tide, UGA, Auburn, and Memphis.

Designed for tailgate parties, but great for on-track hood protection or even long drives. I did testing this past weekend, 600 mile round trip and 2 days on Rockingham race track with speeds up to 115 with no problems at all, and best of all, a chip free hood on a very dirty track that was spitting all kinds of rocks.

MSRP $149, on sale currently for $109 shipped

photos of all designs in this thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1557585247

Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

The only thing I would be concerned about is it lifting/fluttering while driving at high speeds. The area at the base of the windshield is a high pressure area but the area over the hood is a low pressure area. The air coming over the front of the car lifts at the front and comes back down at the base of the windshield. I have seen insects on the hoods of various cars walking around in this area even though the car was going 80 mph and just wonder would this just lie flat or would it tend to lift some when speeds hit 145 mph.
Bill
Old 11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone ever used this stuff?

http://www.autobarn.net/duplicolor-spray-on-bra.html
Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The only thing I would be concerned about is it lifting/fluttering while driving at high speeds. The area at the base of the windshield is a high pressure area but the area over the hood is a low pressure area. The air coming over the front of the car lifts at the front and comes back down at the base of the windshield. I have seen insects on the hoods of various cars walking around in this area even though the car was going 80 mph and just wonder would this just lie flat or would it tend to lift some when speeds hit 145 mph.
Bill
I can only vouch for it up to 115-120 and it did not lift at all.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:48 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
I can only vouch for it up to 115-120 and it did not lift at all.
What's that on your rocker panels?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Originally Posted by xsiveone
Green tape used for powder coating.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xsiveone
what KC said. I am investigating pricing now. It is an excellent tape for racing. Unlike other tapes it leaves no residue at all and doesn't come off while driving. It even sticks to a waxed surface.

(btw, KC, if you didn't figure it out, I'm 2003z on that other forum)
Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
what KC said. I am investigating pricing now. It is an excellent tape for racing. Unlike other tapes it leaves no residue at all and doesn't come off while driving. It even sticks to a waxed surface.

(btw, KC, if you didn't figure it out, I'm 2003z on that other forum)
Yes I did. Nice to see you here.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW PRODUCT - hood bra on track paint protection

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCT - hood bra on track paint protection