Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Wilwood GN3 owners (or Randy from DRM) please step in

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:15 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 Wilwood GN3 owners (or Randy from DRM) please step in

I know there's only a handful with this setup that I've seen here, but hopefully one of you has run into this question:

I have the DRM Wilwood GN3 kit on my '96. The brackets that bolt up to the back of the spindle have a cutout that's sized perfectly for the factory hub ABS sensor connection. My hubs need replacing, but all of the ones I'm finding now have a different design to the ABS sensor connector. This new design connector housing hits the DRM bracket. It would require quite a bit of grinding on the bracket to make it fit.

Has anyone run into this problem? I'm trying to figure out if anyone still carrys the old design hubs or if it's safe to grind out the material on the DRM bracket (very nervous about that for obvious reasons).

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Corvette55
Instructor

I had to grind mine a bit so the connectors would fit. Just be careful and only grind what you need.

I have lots of track miles on them with no problems.

BTW you will love your new brakes!

Did you move the fronts to the rear?

I found that the 87 Dodge 3/4 ton pick up master cylinder 1 1/4" works much better than the one that 3/4" DRM sells. A little elongation of the mounting holes and lots of patience from my local NAPA guy to find line adapters and I have a great braking system and a pedal that feels better than the stock system.

If you want pics let me know.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:46 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette55
I found that the 87 Dodge 3/4 ton pick up master cylinder 1 1/4" works much better than the one that 3/4" DRM sells. A little elongation of the mounting holes and lots of patience from my local NAPA guy to find line adapters and I have a great braking system and a pedal that feels better than the stock system.
that's an interesting tip
Old 11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

I had to grind mine a bit so the connectors would fit. Just be careful and only grind what you need.

I have lots of track miles on them with no problems.

BTW you will love your new brakes!

Did you move the fronts to the rear?

If you want pics let me know.
Thanks for the reply! Looks like I'll give the grinder a shot. I've actually had the brakes on for a couple years, but just finally wore out the original front wheel bearings. I absolutely love this brake setup! I did move the fronts to the rear as well. I picked up a DRM master cylinder used from H-Rocks pretty cheap and installed it with an adjustable prop valve. This one is actually out of a Tahoe as opposed to the normal camaro one that DRM uses. Not sure what the exact size is, but it works perfectly. I never knew you could use the Dodge MC that easily!

If you have pics of your ground brackets and master cylinder, that would be great! e-mail is debnmarkb@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark,
Is the plug in 180 degrees out??? Can you send some pictures, my way?

Thanks
Randy
763-477-9272
Old 11-07-2006, 10:49 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Sure Randy -- it will take me a few days to get some pics, but I'll get 'em to you.
Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Corvette55
Instructor

The car is on the trailer, I'll get out and get some pics for you this weekend.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car is on the trailer, I'll get out and get some pics for you this weekend.
I can send him the ones I took at CMP that you graciously allowed me to take for my use.

Mark
Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM
VanSpeed
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

If possible, please post the pictures on this thread. I would like to see how you have things set up as well.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Wilwood GN3 owners (or Randy from DRM) please step in

Quick Reply: C4 Wilwood GN3 owners (or Randy from DRM) please step in