Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No new Ferrari and Panoz race cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No new Ferrari and Panoz race cars

I emailed Risi Competizione as to when and will Ferrari and Michelotto (sp) make a new Ferrari 599 GTC racecar?

Donald Pierce of Risi Competizione emailed me today and said the following:

There are no plans for a 599GTB race car by Ferrari. Michelotto, which is the division of Ferrari that produces Corse Clienti (Client Racing) cars would be the company to produce it, under Ferrari's department supervision.

At this stage, however, there are no plans for a 599GTB. GT1 is an order of magnitude more expensive to race than GT2, with budgets for two cars in the $7.0 to $10.0 million range.

I emailed Paul Ryan, the PR Manager of Multimatic Motorsports / Dynamic Suspensions, about a new Panoz race car and he said the following:

There are no plans whatsoever for any new race cars at this stage. Don Panoz mentioned it to a reporter earlier this year that it was something he would like to do - but no further discussions have taken place.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 AM
micro
Melting Slicks

From an email received 10-7-2006

We have done some initial engineering on a new road car, but nothing on a race car at this stage. I will try and get some more information for you on the road car, but to my knowledge, final design or manufacturing has not commenced yet.

Paul Ryan
Multimatic Motorsports / Dynamic Suspensions
PR Manager
Old 11-08-2006, 07:13 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Bummer. GT1 needs some new blood.

But geez $7 -10 mill for a two car team??
Old 11-08-2006, 10:06 AM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Yep... it's tough to compete against Factory teams without Factory backing.

Things are looking up in LMP2, with Honda competing against Penske's Porsche's. Will Toyota be next ?

GT-1 needs more competition... where are the Viper's, Saleen, Top drawer Ferrari's etc. Pro-drive did a good job with Aston Martin... but ALMS had to "juggle the rules" to keep them competitive.

Get notified of new replies

To No new Ferrari and Panoz race cars

Quick Reply: No new Ferrari and Panoz race cars