Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 full 3" Cat back mufflers coming soon.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:55 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default C5 full 3" Cat back mufflers coming soon.

Hi Guys,

We have been working on our own full 3" cat back mufflers for the C5. We should be able to ship these in Jan/Feb sometine.

We just did our first back to back dyno run yesterday on our full 3" cat back mufflers. We still have to adjust one of the 3" over the axle pipes to the muffler to make the tips line up straight.

Here is the back to back dyno comparison for a stock titanium muffler compared to our full 3" cat back.

The car is a 2000 C5 FRC with stock LS1 heads, a G5X-3 cam, LG Pro Long Tube Headers, LS6 intake manifold and a stock air bridge and Variram with a K&N filter.

The before number was 413.4rwhp 380.5 rwtq then the after numbers came up to 426.3rwhp 395.8 rwtq.

I will post up photos of the system. Right now it will come in a 4 tip round or 2 tip round.

This is our first prototype so we don't have a full finished product with all the tips. We have a photo of one side at a time, with 2 tips on one side or one tip showing in the photo.

We also have a 3" adapter with flange included to adapt the cat back to a 3" pipe like what comes on our LG Pro Long Tube Headers. This will allow you to adapt to any full 3" rear pipe without any welding etc.

I will keep you posted about when we can start shipping. Should be around Janruary/Feb for the ship date.

(Photos and sound clips coming soon)

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 11-08-2006, 11:54 AM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guess that's proof positive that you can improve on the performance over the Ti system. Nice numbers. Hopefully, you'll be offering a nice package price this winter on a whole system, headers all the way back. I've been seriously considering doing the LTs, X and cats, and would consider doing it all if the price is right.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Dainbramage
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had to go and buy exhaust a few days ago didn't I!!! Great #s!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice gain. Will this work on A4 cars too?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Nice gain... however I'd like to see a back to back w/ something like a borla stinger or B&B bullet setup first.

I think the 3" catbacks may really only be beneficial on radical 402+ ci cars... but that's my uneducated assumption

Get notified of new replies

To C5 full 3" Cat back mufflers coming soon.

Quick Reply: C5 full 3" Cat back mufflers coming soon.