Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**new Just Released***new Pro-comp Vbp Spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM
VBP
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07,'13

Default **new Just Released***new Pro-comp Vbp Spring

***NEW JUST RELEASED***

***VBP ANNOUNCES NEW ADVANCED COMPOSITE SPRING TECHNOLOGY***

Composite Springs Division of VBP announces the manufacture of PRO-COMP Advanced Composite Springs. Our new springs include the latest advances in composite technology with the introduction of our hybrid construction. This technology uses “S” glass for the load bearing tension and compression surfaces and selectively placed reinforcement fibers for the core, designed to resist de-lamination and shear and provide additional strength against twisting forces.

Our springs are made using a hand lay-up technique similar to what the aerospace industry uses to fabricate airplane components. Although this method is more expensive than the commonly used filament winding method to make automobile springs, it offers several advantages.

It allows the fabrication of a tapered spring with a uniform width to minimize bending stress without the need to flair out the spring on the ends and get the “bow-tie” profile, for a direct replacement of existing steel springs.

It also allows the selective placement of reinforcement to maximize strength such as cross ply or plus and minus 45 degree fibers to provide extra strength for drilled holes and to resist twisting forces. A filament wound spring has only unidirectional fibers, not the best fiber placement for drilled holes or resistance to twist.

Most importantly, it allows the construction of hybrid springs to use different strength fibers most advantageously throughout the spring.

We use “S” glass for the surfaces where the bending stress is greatest. “S” glass is a much stronger reinforcing glass fiber than the commonly used “E” glass and by selectively placing it where it is needed, a stronger composite spring can be made.

VBP can now offer the strongest, best performing composite springs available.

Pattie Cooke
Sales Manager
VBP (Vette Brakes and Products)
Old 11-08-2006, 07:10 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

C6 available?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
VBP
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07,'13

Default C6 Is Available

Yes Sir

Pattie
VBP

P.S. New Releases with Pics will be sent to the Magazines, but our new ad featuring these springs will be in the March and April, 2007 issues of all of the Corvette Magazines such as Fever, Vette, Enthusiast, Trader, etc.

I am leaving for vacation when I get out of here tonight, but I will post a pic of the spring or the ad when I get back. I get back in the office 11/16/06.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
VBP
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07,'13

Default One More Thing

The price remains the same!!!

It's all good!!!!

Pattie
VBP
Old 11-08-2006, 10:19 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
C6 available?
Gary,
I thought you and I already crossed this bridge...........stop monkeying around and "hook" that C6Z up !!!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

My custom Penskes are really good, but I might want to play with some different spring and bar rates that are NOT coils over the Penskes.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You know where to find me if you would like to discuss......BTW wheres my pictures of brakes, wings and things that go bump in the night ......
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Sent...

Get notified of new replies

To **new Just Released***new Pro-comp Vbp Spring

Quick Reply: **new Just Released***new Pro-comp Vbp Spring