Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Ventures Corvette Track Challenge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Speed Ventures Corvette Track Challenge?

Aaron of Speed Ventures called me tonight.

He is interested in doing a Corvette Challenge at a couple of his track days in 2007. He wants to do a Time Attack type of a deal, secure a couple of sponsors for the events to have some prizes and such. He thinks he wants to do two events, maybe at Spring Mountain maybe elsewhere like Buttonwillow, WSIR, Streets of Willow or California Speedway.

He was asking me what kind of participation we would get at a Challenge such as this. I told him I am not sure. His events usually have at least 2-3 Corvettes and sometimes just over a dozen.

I told him I would ask you guys. Too Tall Bob said he would go, I talked to him tonight. I am sure Ed the Fireman would go. Of course I cannot ever pass up something like this. Who else would want to participate in something like this? Do you have any format or rules expectations/recommendations?

This would be held in conjunction with his regular track day events. Please write back on this thread if you would do this or have some feedback for Aaron.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:25 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oli, Always willing to make others feel better running my stock engine
coupe on street tires. They already have a pretty wide classing system which spreads out the Z's from the rest of us and takes into account what tires are run so I'm guessing it is about participation. Look forward
to Buttonwillow and possibly SM.
Randy
Old 11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
Aaron of Speed Ventures called me tonight.

He is interested in doing a Corvette Challenge at a couple of his track days in 2007. He wants to do a Time Attack type of a deal, secure a couple of sponsors for the events to have some prizes and such. He thinks he wants to do two events, maybe at Spring Mountain maybe elsewhere like Buttonwillow, WSIR, Streets of Willow or California Speedway.

He was asking me what kind of participation we would get at a Challenge such as this. I told him I am not sure. His events usually have at least 2-3 Corvettes and sometimes just over a dozen.

I told him I would ask you guys. Too Tall Bob said he would go, I talked to him tonight. I am sure Ed the Fireman would go. Of course I cannot ever pass up something like this. Who else would want to participate in something like this? Do you have any format or rules expectations/recommendations?

This would be held in conjunction with his regular track day events. Please write back on this thread if you would do this or have some feedback for Aaron.

I should have a car by then...hell yeh!!!
Of course the Roval at Fontana would be highly unfair to the rest of you...

Ed
Old 11-16-2006, 05:54 PM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Then again the streets would be unfair to me...
Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Ed,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your new motor turned up missing right after I left the shop at OC Corvette. Looks like they will have to build you another one.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Originally Posted by AMERICANMUSL
I should have a car by then...hell yeh!!!
Of course the Roval at Fontana would be highly unfair to the rest of you...
Not if you have 4 flat tires it won't!!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:19 AM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Originally Posted by Too Tall Bob
Ed,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your new motor turned up missing right after I left the shop at OC Corvette. Looks like they will have to build you another one.
Hmmm...I was wondering why Sean hasn't called....what are you 2 up to???

BTW, sorry to hear about your plight...been there, hopefully won't go through that now that you found OCC! You really need to let yourself go to the darkside like I did...you will out grow that T1 quick!!!

Ed
Old 11-17-2006, 01:23 AM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Originally Posted by Too Tall Bob
Not if you have 4 flat tires it won't!!
Speaking of which, are you interested in my 4 AS04 treads? Pm me...good price!

Ed
Old 11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
sdz06
Advanced

I plan on going to as many events as I can this year, and a corvette challenge sounds like fun. I plan on staying stock except for switching to race tires, and maybe different sway bars. The speedventure events are great - relaxed but safe.

Justin
Old 11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
MrEracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arizona Corvette Racers association would definately be interested in this event. WSIR, Spring Mountain. Las Vegas or CA Speedway work best for us. Also, we have our 2007 western region time trials schedule that I hope would not be in conflict this SpeedVentures event. Our schedule and info can be found at <redvetteracer.com>.

Shirl Dickey, Chairman
Arizona Corvette Racers
Old 11-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by MrEracer
Arizona Corvette Racers association would definately be interested in this event. WSIR, Spring Mountain. Las Vegas or CA Speedway work best for us. Also, we have our 2007 western region time trials schedule that I hope would not be in conflict this SpeedVentures event. Our schedule and info can be found at <redvetteracer.com>.

Shirl Dickey, Chairman
Arizona Corvette Racers
Old 11-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I am intrigued. How does a Time Attack work?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Originally Posted by Bimota Guy
I am intrigued. How does a Time Attack work?
I ran a "Time Attack" with a group called Redline, and they would separate the cars into three run groups based on tire traction ratings, modifications to the engine, brakes, etc., and then they put them into Stock, Modified, or Unlimited classifications. They would then run each car for a specific number of laps (I think about 5) and record their fastest lap time. Cars would be spaced apart so as not to interfere with each other. Basically, it's a time-trial on a roadcourse.

Get notified of new replies

To Speed Ventures Corvette Track Challenge?

Quick Reply: Speed Ventures Corvette Track Challenge?