Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Digital Scanner for Rolex 24 Hrs.??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio Digital Scanner for Rolex 24 Hrs.??

I went to the Dayatona 500 for years until they went Monocar/restrictor plate racing. I have a digital Scanner I used to listen to drivers and and pitcrews during the race. I have purchased tickets for the Rolex 24 and was wondering if I can use this scanner during the race. At the 500 car frequencies could be purchased at the track ; does the Rolex race organzation also do this. Last year at the Rolex I didn't have a radio and it was diffcult to know what was happening to cars/drivers. Any information is welcome. the scanner is a Radio Shack is a PRO 46 Programmable 100 channel unit. Frequency range of operation is from 29 MHz thru 956 Mhz.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you asked on their forums?

http://www.grandamerican.com/Splash.asp
Old 11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by The Bus
I went to the Dayatona 500 for years until they went Monocar/restrictor plate racing. I have a digital Scanner I used to listen to drivers and and pitcrews during the race. I have purchased tickets for the Rolex 24 and was wondering if I can use this scanner during the race. At the 500 car frequencies could be purchased at the track ; does the Rolex race organzation also do this. Last year at the Rolex I didn't have a radio and it was diffcult to know what was happening to cars/drivers. Any information is welcome. the scanner is a Radio Shack is a PRO 46 Programmable 100 channel unit. Frequency range of operation is from 29 MHz thru 956 Mhz.
If you are persistent you can get a list of frequencies from the racing radio trailer in the garage area.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio Digital Scanner for Rolex 24 Hrs.??

Quick Reply: Radio Digital Scanner for Rolex 24 Hrs.??