Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camber fix with washers??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Ducati749
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber fix with washers??????

Well i lowered my c5 for a second time, going about an inch lower than before. After the first alignment i noticed the lower control arm bolts were maxed out. I was planning on adding washers to the front upper control arms. Is this a bad idea? I might fab some plates instead with longer bolts for more support. Do they sell plates like these? as for the rear i guess i have to just let that slide unless there is a fix(im all ears). Im also installing the bump steer kit for the front and rear, but i noticed most vendors only sell the front bump steer kit, is the rear kit unnecessary?

Any info greatly appreciated
Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati749
Well i lowered my c5 for a second time, going about an inch lower than before. After the first alignment i noticed the lower control arm bolts were maxed out. I was planning on adding washers to the front upper control arms. Is this a bad idea? I might fab some plates instead with longer bolts for more support. Do they sell plates like these? as for the rear i guess i have to just let that slide unless there is a fix(im all ears). Im also installing the bump steer kit for the front and rear, but i noticed most vendors only sell the front bump steer kit, is the rear kit unnecessary?

Any info greatly appreciated
I have a C6Z06 and this is what I do. If the C5 is similar, I see no reason why you shouldn't add washers.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1501108
Old 11-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Ducati749
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thats what ill do then....thanks for your help and clever idea...

Get notified of new replies

To Camber fix with washers??????

Quick Reply: Camber fix with washers??????