Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Six point harness question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:37 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Six point harness question

I just acquired a harness with snap hooks for a C5 corvette. I need a way to mount the sub belts to the stock seat rail on the driver's side. Does anyone make a bar or some sort of attachment point? I looked on BK's site and G-force but found little that seemed right. In my car, there is a "rigged" setup of eyebolts and washers, and there's no snap hooks as mine are simple bolt in's. Thanks for your time.
--Yak
Old 11-22-2006, 09:41 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hardbar Lap Belt Bar. http://www.hardbarusa.com/

Gary just added eyelets for snap-in, I think. Give him a call.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:07 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think that's it. That looks like a lap belt bar, but not a sub belt bar. Does that item attach sub straps?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup. But for snap-in sub straps you might need to grab an eyelet bolt yourself. Just call Gary, I'm sure he can set you up or point you the right way.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:08 AM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yakisoba
I just acquired a harness with snap hooks for a C5 corvette. I need a way to mount the sub belts to the stock seat rail on the driver's side. Does anyone make a bar or some sort of attachment point? I looked on BK's site and G-force but found little that seemed right. In my car, there is a "rigged" setup of eyebolts and washers, and there's no snap hooks as mine are simple bolt in's. Thanks for your time.
--Yak
I've got a B-K harness bar and the B-K seatbelt kit in my C5. It lets me keep my stock seat belts and lets me use a 6-point harness with snap hooks.

The seatbelt kits mount to the left and right sides of the seats, not in front of the seat. The anti-sub strap mount to those points, goes underneath my legs and comes up between them.

http://www.bkauto.com/corvette/r9115.php should be what you need, if I understand what you're looking for.

Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Six point harness question

Quick Reply: Six point harness question