Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willow Springs int Raceway Big Willow Dec 10th

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:16 AM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Willow Springs int Raceway Big Willow Dec 10th

who else will be running that day? It will be my first time out on Big Willow. I actually wanted to drive on streets since i prefer technical tracks always. But i look forward to an interesting day, and ill be sure to take pics and give my insight on everything

oh and BTW WTB!!! if anyone has an extra set of wheels tires that they'd be willing to let go for less than 400 please let me know~

LOcals only to LA county
Old 12-12-2006, 01:10 AM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i saw a red c6 z06, c6 coupe, and a silver c5 z06. Waved to a a driver passing buy but im sure he was apart of the streets event.

Anyway overall i had fun. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular since big tracks aren't my thing, non the less i learned a great deal that day. I need much more practice taking the right line, as well as smoothing out my inputs and of course grow a larger set of ***** . As for the corvette, well i cant say i was impressed which might be from expecting too much.

Im running on z51 springs w/ bilstein sports, z06 sways and is lowered with longer bolts. I feel the car is off a bit on the jounce travel, however rebound feels tolerable, may be due to the soft springs combined with stiffer shocks? On the streets i can say the same because over bumps i feel that theres just too much travel.

I just didnt have the confidence i needed to have when i was out on the track, i had to keep telling myself that the car will grip on initial turn in. on the smaller corners during mid turn the car felt stable due to the combination of the steering weight and sheer grip. But I didnt have the ***** that day to turn off AH or put it in Comp mode, even though the thought crossed my mind everytime i saw the "active handling" or "traction control" messages on the DIC turn on while driving. I may have had more fun if i had experimented but being my first time out on the track i didnt want to take any risks.

Well my quest to turn the vette into a road going go kart starts today, as i will start putting away $$ for proper suspension parts like coilovers, larger sway bars, tires etc. I know there is a fire breathing track demon just waiting to emerge from within the car, i just wish it was like that out the box.

Thanks guys
Mike

Last edited by niteriderc5; 12-12-2006 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Willow Springs int Raceway Big Willow Dec 10th