Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z51 Roadcourse setup?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
holeshot115
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Z51 Roadcourse setup?

Hey all, read quite a bit on various setups for C6's on a roadcourse. Looking for some direction. My car's a 2006 C6 Z51 that's bone stock. I'm looking at a sharkbar with 6 point harness (cam lock) as well as various wheel/ tire choices. I drive the car 2-3 days a week and do the track thing just for fun. My local tracks are Thunderhill, Sears, and Buttonwillow...to give an idea of the terrain.

My experience is as a fairly decent karting guy, AMA pro motocycle racer and decent car driver. Certainly not a racer, but well ahead of the intermediate drivers, it seemed. Brakes always seem a question as well.

So I'm looking for advice on tire choices (keeping stock rims) or altering rim size along with camber changes, etc. If you guys could, could you tell me your qualifications. I don't mean to be a dick, but there's a fair amount of advice going around on the motorcycle forums from guys who aren't terribly skilled.

In advance, thanks for the help!

Berto

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Z51 Roadcourse setup?