Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update/Backdate rule questions regarding C6

Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
bdking57
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update/Backdate rule questions regarding C6

Im not sure exactly how the update/backdate rule can be used on the C6.. Im debating if I even want to run SCCA, being that there are at least 5 other autox clubs that meet at our very local course.. Driving around to go these events doesnt sound like fun.. but anyway.

I was wondering If the update/backdate rule could be used to switch out the c6 rear fenders with c6 z06 fenders and wider rear wheels. These fenders are already allowed by another car in the class.. and its technically the same car, although a different trim level.

Plan B was to see If running the 18 c5z06 tires all around would knock me out of SS.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bdking57
Im not sure exactly how the update/backdate rule can be used on the C6.. Im debating if I even want to run SCCA, being that there are at least 5 other autox clubs that meet at our very local course.. Driving around to go these events doesnt sound like fun.. but anyway.

I was wondering If the update/backdate rule could be used to switch out the c6 rear fenders with c6 z06 fenders and wider rear wheels. These fenders are already allowed by another car in the class.. and its technically the same car, although a different trim level.

Plan B was to see If running the 18 c5z06 tires all around would knock me out of SS.
There is no update/backdate in stock class, that is only in SP and up. Both the fender and wheel change would take you out of stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update/Backdate rule questions regarding C6