Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 auto-x pressures

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
poser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Z06 auto-x pressures

hi guys...i'm new to this forum...i picked up a 07 Z06 a few weeks ago, and plan to auto-x it this weekend...i've been autoxing for the past few years, in a E36 M3 with r-comps, but this'll be my first time out in this car...i'm gonna use the factory tires that's on the z06 now...

any ideas what the ballpark figures for tire pressure would be???

any other issues i need to be concerned about/look out for...

thanx in advance...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

When I was running street tires on my Z for AutoX I ran them up 4lbs over factory pressure in front and 3lbs in the rear. They seemed to grip fine, not roll over on the sidewall and the car stayed neutral. That should be a good starting point for you.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

My experience with the non runflat Supercar tires was just the opposite. I found that dropping tire pressures was better. My best times came with tire pressures of 28 front and 26 rear (cold). Tire temp readings taken just as I came off the course were pretty consistent across the tread at those pressures.

The Supercar Run Flats may take a different pressure. The sidewalls are stiffer and could cause the tread to buckle under hard cornering. I used to have that problem running the original EMTs on my 97 since they would not rollover even if there was no air in them. To keep them from buckling I had to run about 35 psi front (cold). My guess is you should probably start at 32 front and 30 rear and see how it goes. From your hot/warm temps after making a run adjust the pressure up or down in 1 lb increments to see how that affects things. I would always keep the front to rear differential at 2 to 3 lbs.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 auto-x pressures

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 auto-x pressures