Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tire pump

I'm looking for an inexpensive pump to fill my tires on autox days. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 09:48 AM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Before I had my enclosed trailer I would just carry a small portable compressor. I bought mine at home depot and it is about the size of a lunch pale. It was only about 45 bucks a few years ago and still works great today.
It worked great for small adjustments at the track. However, it will take about a 20 minutes to put 35lbs in a completely flat tire.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:16 PM
danswofford
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've put a couple of lbs with a bicycle pump believe it or not. Doesn't take long. But I've got an air tank I take with me now.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

A portable tank is the best idea. You can put enough air and pressure in it you can adjust the pressure on all 4 a few times over the weekend before it runs out. You can also take a 12 volt diaphram compressor that works well to refill the tank. You can use the 12 volt to fill tires but it takes a while. With the tank you fill quickly and if you run low use the 12 volt, start it and let it fill for a while and do something else while it fills.
MAC
Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Westwopper
Racer

MAC is right. I have an air tank. Best plan. You can go cheap and get a steel one or get the badass aluminum one that weighs nothing for big$$$.

Late,
West

Get notified of new replies

To Tire pump

Quick Reply: Tire pump