Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Invisiguard
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension HELP!!!

well this is more for a street car, but since theres no suspension forum and the C6 'performance' forum is 99% drag/street racing oriented I figured this would be the best place to ask around for suspension advice.

just picked up my 07 C6 with Z51, first domestic Ive owned since I was 16 (73 camaro) Finaly took the C6 to bring me back to Domestic muscle and so far I love it TON of potential here, though after driving modded japanese/European cars for the last 15 years theres alot of (glaring) room for improvment.

Where do I begin, well first off, what do you guys do to improve the steering on these?? The comunication I get through the wheel is SUV vauge, even for a slow 16:1 steering on these, my old 02 WRX with 16.5:1 ratio gave me better feedbackis there a quicker ratio rack out there or at least a way to tighten this up a bit? caster adjustment?

Also, is there any poly bushing kits out for the C6 yet? I had the car up last week and poked around a bit at the bushings, couldnt belive how soft the stock bushings were, seriously rubber-band soft! I hear alot of guys complaining about 'squirlyness' switching lanes in the C6 over bumps in the road, I can easily belive theres about a half degree of toe change alone in the amount of defelction in the stock bushings, but I cant find anyone offering a C6 poly kit yet. Im happy with the spring rate and have Bilsteins on the way, but i think the biggest room for improvement would be in stiffer bushings, anything out there?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Invisiguard; 12-18-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:47 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sticky on top vette brake products

Quick Reply: Suspension HELP!!!