Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using Motive power bleeder on a C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Performance nut
Safety Car

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Using Motive power bleeder on a C4

Has anyone use a Motive power bleeder on a C4? Their application guide says to use the generic fitting which looks like more hassle than its worth. Anyone have any actual experience with it? How did you set it up and did you run into any problems? One tip I did pick up from other threads is to add fluid to the reservoirs and not the power bleeder.

The reason I ask is because of the dual reservoir setup. The GM manual has listed two fittings (J29567 and J34098) to pressure bleed the system. Do I need these or is there another method?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Performance nut
Has anyone use a Motive power bleeder on a C4? Their application guide says to use the generic fitting which looks like more hassle than its worth. Anyone have any actual experience with it? How did you set it up and did you run into any problems? One tip I did pick up from other threads is to add fluid to the reservoirs and not the power bleeder.

The reason I ask is because of the dual reservoir setup. The GM manual has listed two fittings (J29567 and J34098) to pressure bleed the system. Do I need these or is there another method?
I sent them an email yesterday with all my vehicles to see what adaptors I need. I post if they send it one is a 96 GS
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

believe it or not i get better results with the old pump and **** metod of bleeding. dont know why.. only that i do...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
believe it or not i get better results with the old pump and **** metod of bleeding. dont know why.. only that i do...
You obviously have somebody other than my wife trying to work the brake pedal for you! The Motive is a saviour for me...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used a Motive on a C4. I used the GM specific cap. I believe the part number was 1108. Look up a 4th gen Camaro/Firebird or C5, and you should get the proper adapter.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:51 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I just ordered the american style Motive.
It says it can do most american cars...
we'll see next week....
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Performance nut
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mojave
I have used a Motive on a C4. I used the GM specific cap. I believe the part number was 1108. Look up a 4th gen Camaro/Firebird or C5, and you should get the proper adapter.
I got the 1108, it is too small. The opening on top of my reservoir is slightly larger than the entire 1108 fitting. Plus, there are no tabs to attach the fitting on even if it was the right size (1108 has 3 tabs on the inside).

I'm still waiting to hear from Motive. One of the general managers is suppose to email or call me (on Monday )
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Performance nut
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
It looks like a set of speed bleeders are in my future.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:29 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojave
That is what I have been using on my vettes. Just remember to pump the brake pedal slowly a few times with key off to remove any residual vacuum and then proceed to bleed. I have always had firm pedal at end of procedure. I have tried other methods but the motive bleeder is the cat's meow!

Get notified of new replies

To Using Motive power bleeder on a C4

Quick Reply: Using Motive power bleeder on a C4