Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louis Gigliotti Award Winning Crew Chief where's the new clutch package?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Louis Gigliotti Award Winning Crew Chief where's the new clutch package?

Any word on you new clutch package? Thanks! Nice work on the season and your award
Old 12-18-2006, 06:10 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...1&page=2&pp=40

Pat, Ill take that exedy if you still got it.

Andrew, Ive tried, and tried, and tried yet again to get QM to work with us. I had the Hawk, QM, and someone else all in my trailer at mid ohio this year and every one said they would man up and make something happen for us.

Not a thing. No calls, no answers, nothing.

I use tilton carbon/carbon on the WC car, flywheel and clutch weighs 8#s I can rebuild it 3x per year, have the feet machined and reuse it 3 more times.

We are working on a Tilton Carbon/carbon 8.25 twin/triple with those guys for an LG Exclusive. Should work out very well. No more hydraulic issues and much nicer engagement. No chatter or squeal. Best of both worlds but it does carry a hefty pricetag.

As for quarter master stuff, its great. Ive used them in the past and as long as you drive the car properly, they work and hold very well.

The advantage with any smaller clutch is that the syncros have less work to do. Shifting is smoother and easier, and acceleration is drastically improved along with throttle response.

Quick Reply: Louis Gigliotti Award Winning Crew Chief where's the new clutch package?