Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now shipping, C6Z camber kit, C5/C6/C6Z upper arm stud kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Now shipping, C6Z camber kit, C5/C6/C6Z upper arm stud kit

C5/C6/C6Z upper A-Arm studs. Custom made from 17-4PH stainless steel 140,000 PSI, (note radiused thread root). C5/C6 kit includes 8 studs, 8 SS Nyloc nuts, 16 SS washers, retail $80. C6Z kit is 16 studs, 16 SS Nyloc nuts, 32 SS washers for $150.

Camber kit, left side of pic shows rear (or C5/C6 all corners) set, RH is front C6Z, retail $200 (full car set). Both camber and stud kits for C6Z $335, $275 C5/C6.

Oh BTW, and now for your convenience, we take all credit cards!

Cheers,

Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073
Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Gary, what's the stud kit do for us?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://books.google.com/books?id=6Kh...E6rI#PPA216,M1

found what root radius is
Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
m3brad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattW_VA
Gary, what's the stud kit do for us?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

What you do is use the camber kit to slam out the lowers to max camber and max track width. Then, to remove camber or add caster you shim the upper A-arms. With studs, it is easy to remove the 4 nuts, and the whole upper A-arm is off. Then you add or remove ( I have a stack for street, another for track) washers to change from street to track settings. It is way easier than bolts, with trying to hold 2-6 washers behind the a-arm while you are holding the upper..., and with the aluminum threads on the C6Z frame there is no chance of buggering the threads. It is super easy to optimize camber with zero chance of change during use, unlike the stock rotating cams which will move sooner or later.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I read the bit on page 217 and still don't understand it more than getting the stresses right has got to be a good thing.

Anybody have a radius root for work related stress? :-)
Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Sorry, very esoteric I guess, but it means that the fastener is tougher than having a sharp notch in the bottom of the thread. I just pay attention to this stuff.... Very geeky! Better pic of the thread root.

Last edited by ghoffman; 12-20-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
What you do is use the camber kit to slam out the lowers to max camber and max track width. Then, to remove camber or add caster you shim the upper A-arms. With studs, it is easy to remove the 4 nuts, and the whole upper A-arm is off. Then you add or remove ( I have a stack for street, another for track) washers to change from street to track settings. It is way easier than bolts, with trying to hold 2-6 washers behind the a-arm while you are holding the upper..., and with the aluminum threads on the C6Z frame there is no chance of buggering the threads. It is super easy to optimize camber with zero chance of change during use, unlike the stock rotating cams which will move sooner or later.
I had studs installed on my 97. I didn't bother removing the A Arms when changing alignment I just loosened the nuts pulled the A Arm out a little and used regular alignment shims in place of the washers.

Bill
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Yes, regular aglinment shims can work as well, but most of them are made for larger than the 10mm studs used on the C5 and C6, so I prefer 10mm washers for better fit. With the OE bolts you can run out of threads if you shim to a street setting, but with the studs you know that you have enough threads safely engaged. This is especially an issue with the aluminum C6Z, so these have 15mm (1.5 diameters) of thread engagement. Most studs are black oxide which gets rusty very soon, these will not rust.

Get notified of new replies

To Now shipping, C6Z camber kit, C5/C6/C6Z upper arm stud kit

Quick Reply: Now shipping, C6Z camber kit, C5/C6/C6Z upper arm stud kit