Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau: Forza vs. FX1 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:33 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Corbeau: Forza vs. FX1 Pro

If anyone has experience with these seats, I'd appreciate feedback about ease of install, mounting, how they hold up, etc. I am trying to get my 02 ZO6 set up for the next HPDE in Phoenix. These seats are half the price of Sparco EVO2 but if they are junk, I'll bite the bullet and look for something pricier.

Is there a shop or dealer that has a good selection of seats for comparison somewhere in Phoenix or Scottsdale? Thanks.

Cheers form Arizona.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:36 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a forza for passenger and pro2k for driver (similar to evo) - pro2k is MUCH more comfortable. The forza is a cheap seat - metal frame seat vs. the fiberglass/etc. shells that the more expensive ones use.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freefall
I have a forza for passenger and pro2k for driver (similar to evo) - pro2k is MUCH more comfortable. The forza is a cheap seat - metal frame seat vs. the fiberglass/etc. shells that the more expensive ones use.
How was the install on the pro2k? Any fitment problems(hitting door,etc.)? Great looking seat! BTW, I'm 36" waist about 185. Just under 6'. Did you side mount or bottom mount? Sorry about all the questions, but I don't have a lot of time to experiment. PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

I have the forza...great seat for the $ - I have had them about 3 years now and they have held up great. However, if you are choosing between the forza and fx1, get the fx1! I would have, but the Corbeau told me it would not fit into a c5 (turns out to be BS). The forza is steal framed, whereas the fx1 is fibreglass molded (much more comfy).
Old 12-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Dainbramage
Racer

I've got the FX1. I'm about 5'10" 155ish and a 34" waist... fits me pretty good with just a little bit of room. I used the Corbeau sliding bracket and I do not like the position it puts me in. I'm at the wrong angle from what I like (I like it very close to straight up... this is too far straight up with no support for my lower thighs). It also sits me up too high from what I like (I take out the lower seat cushion and it feels good). It's not a good daily driver seat bc of the comfort level and how difficult it is to get in and out compared to the stock seat, however, it will allow you to feel the car better than ever. You can actually drive the car and use the steering wheel for what it was meant for instead of another handle! Overall.... for just a track day only seat... good choice. For a daily driver's seat... get something more comfortable.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dainbramage
I've got the FX1. I'm about 5'10" 155ish and a 34" waist... fits me pretty good with just a little bit of room. I used the Corbeau sliding bracket and I do not like the position it puts me in. I'm at the wrong angle from what I like (I like it very close to straight up... this is too far straight up with no support for my lower thighs). It also sits me up too high from what I like (I take out the lower seat cushion and it feels good). It's not a good daily driver seat bc of the comfort level and how difficult it is to get in and out compared to the stock seat, however, it will allow you to feel the car better than ever. You can actually drive the car and use the steering wheel for what it was meant for instead of another handle! Overall.... for just a track day only seat... good choice. For a daily driver's seat... get something more comfortable.
Anything special to install??? That is, did you just use the stock Corbeau frame and slider or did you have to modify it to get the FX1s to fit? Also, did you have to do anything to the interior trim to accomplish the fit?

Last edited by Last C5; 01-01-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau: Forza vs. FX1 Pro

Quick Reply: Corbeau: Forza vs. FX1 Pro