Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AZ Speed Harness Bar Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default AZ Speed Harness Bar Question

If you are running an Arizona Speed Harness Bar, could you tell me if I need floor-mount belts or Bolt-in belts? I picked up a pair of Bolt-in belts, but should I order the floor-mount clips to put on the belts? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 748 Posts

Not certain exactly what you're meaning, but my AS&M bar came with two cross bars that bolt to the seat hard points. Those cross bars are drilled to let you use the trapezoidal metal harness ends. I just throw my belts behind the seat when not in use.

As far as clips go, you can use them if you want to keep the belts out of the car, but you don't have to.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it allow for the belts to be mounted vertically? Reading about the proper installation of the Simpson belts I have, it states that the trapizoidal metal ends need to be mounted vertically. Since I will be drag racing with my Z06, it has to pass NHRA tech, which also requires this, from what I have been told.
BTW...Bolt-in, the ends have a single hole on the metal end so it can be bolted to the bracket.
Floor-mount, the ends have what looks to be clips, so you could use a metal eyelet to attach the belts to.
TIA!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 748 Posts

Now I understand. No, the AS&M kit doesn't allow for vertical mount attach points.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 01-06-2007, 11:12 AM
toolman44092
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ASM bar, and I use floor mount Simpson lap and sub belts. I installed the lap belt kit from Brey-Krause. The shoulder belts are wrapped around the bar though without clips. They stay in the car tucked behind the seat when not in use, but the lap and sub belts come out.

Get notified of new replies

To AZ Speed Harness Bar Question

Quick Reply: AZ Speed Harness Bar Question