Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quaife differential

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
billiardcue
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Quaife differential

Has anyone tried the Quaife differential?
If so what were the results?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by billiardcue

We have one for sale. It is a torque sensing differential per their literature. It opens up on corner exit as the torque to the rear wheels evens out and allows for earlier throttle application without causing the car to push.

We are switching to C6 diffs and this is a C5 diff that we are selling. It was brand new with only break in time.

This unit also has been REM polished and built to racing specs so it released about another 5 rwhp over a stock unit.

These diffs cost me $4500 new and this one is actually new with no race miles on it. It also has dash 8 cooler line fittings installed.

It also has the correct pinion nut ready to accept the LG drive plate on the pinion nut for the two stage cooler pump set up.(pump and cover not included but available)

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by billiardcue
I have what was told to me to be one of the first Quaife diffs in a C5. It was built by Unitrax, and installed by Orange County Corvette. It is a tripple Cryoed 373 diff with a modified C6 Z06 rear cover plate and custom cooler.

I kept ripping the teeth out of my ring and pinions every 14 months, along with trashing my clutch plates. Unitrax suggested I try the Quaife, and it's workked great for me for the past 2 months. There is a slight difference coming out of turns. The present combo of the newly added Phadt coileovers and quaife diff is GREAT!!

I've driven the hell out of the car in the canyons, with a new feeling of confidence. I'm heading to Spring Mountain in 10 days to really try out the new combo!

JB
Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 AM
racerwannabe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

let's see ,now....i get the 6 speed sequintial trans,, the new differential..that's 24,000 plus install...then i'll be faster?? nah...gotta learn to drive !! maybe more motor?? nah this one faster than i can drive all ready.....decisions decisions......aaarrrggggg does it ever end!?!?

Get notified of new replies

To Quaife differential

Quick Reply: Quaife differential