Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do T1 bars fit the stock C6 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:53 PM
bowmanm98

Default Do T1 bars fit the stock C6 exhaust?

Like the title says, do T1 bars fit the stock C6 exhaust?

Also where is the best place to purchase?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

the new style T1 bars are designed for the C6 and for the C5. You should not have a problem with them.

I would look at GM Parts direct or I see that FredBeans has a new site and maybe this is a good time to take advantage of his usual low prices.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For pretty much the same price you can do the Pfadt Pfatty bars and they're adjustable, work with the rubber bushings, poly bushings, or pillow blocks. I'm pretty happy with mine; the more miles, the happier, actually.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
For pretty much the same price you can do the Pfadt Pfatty bars and they're adjustable, work with the rubber bushings, poly bushings, or pillow blocks. I'm pretty happy with mine; the more miles, the happier, actually.
Don't forget the weight savings, Pfadt bars are MUCH lighter.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by gkmccready
what is the thickness of the Pfadt compared to the T1. I was under the impression they were not as rigid as the T1s which maybe be good for someone that is looking for something better than Z06 and not as good as thick as the T1s...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
what is the thickness of the Pfadt compared to the T1. I was under the impression they were not as rigid as the T1s which maybe be good for someone that is looking for something better than Z06 and not as good as thick as the T1s...
Aaron has said elsewhere that relative stiffness is something along the lines of the T1 being a 3.0 and the Pfatty being a 2.6, IIRC, the baseline was a C5Z at 1.0.

Since swaybars are a balancing act for the car I wanted stiff, but I didn't care if I bought the absolute stiffest available, adjustability was more important to me... (Yes, I know the T1 bars are adjustable now...)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
bowmanm98

Couple things...

I do like the phattys but the T1s are specifically designed to work with cars without a lot of spring. The spring should be doing the work but for me I don't want to put 1000lb springs to get flat cornering. Also they fit better since they're factory.

The T1s are adjustable in front and rear now?

So do they clear the exhaust or not?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
I do like the phattys but the T1s are specifically designed to work with cars without a lot of spring. The spring should be doing the work but for me I don't want to put 1000lb springs to get flat cornering.
How can you say that when the T1 Suspension Kit includes much stiffer springs?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Couple things...

I do like the phattys but the T1s are specifically designed to work with cars without a lot of spring. The spring should be doing the work but for me I don't want to put 1000lb springs to get flat cornering. Also they fit better since they're factory.

The T1s are adjustable in front and rear now?

So do they clear the exhaust or not?
I believe only the rear is adjustable. It has 3 hole positions.

Yes it clears the exhuast of both the C5 and the C6.

GM Parts Direct

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...er=PKT1STABKIT
Old 01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
bowmanm98

I was checking out Jake the Lams page and he was writing on there they are too stiff for a daily driver. Does anyone use these on a daily basis and what's your feedback?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I was checking out Jake the Lams page and he was writing on there they are too stiff for a daily driver. Does anyone use these on a daily basis and what's your feedback?
I have T1 sway bars on both of my Z06s which I drive regularly on the street. My 02 Z06 is more my daily driver, with the stock springs and 04 Z06 shocks the ride is stiff but not rock hard as it would be with the T1 springs/shocks. I have no complaints on the ride. For me its a perfect balance on the street and track.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:41 AM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
They are 35mm, Aaron says 2.8 +/-20% with the adjustors vs. 3.0 T1 and 1.0 Z06 bar. Very stiff and very light bars. I now have them on my car and sold the T1s I was planning on using.

Get notified of new replies

To Do T1 bars fit the stock C6 exhaust?

Quick Reply: Do T1 bars fit the stock C6 exhaust?