Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to attach wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
BlueThunderousZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best way to attach wire harness

I just installed a Draw Tite hitch to tow my tire trailer and now I need to wire up the trailer. What is the cleanest way to do so? Where and how is the best way to attach the harness?

Last edited by BlueThunderousZ06; 01-19-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: instant notefication
Old 01-19-2007, 08:19 AM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueThunderousZ06
I just installed a Draw Tite hitch to tow my tire trailer and now I need to wire up the trailer. What is the cleanest way to do so? Where and how is the best way to attach the harness?
Very interested in the answer. I am about to do the same to my 07 to tow a tire trailer also. Any pics of install would be most helpful. What model Draw Tite did you get? I am looking at the Curt 11380.
C5 XTC
Old 01-19-2007, 08:58 AM
johninar
Drifting

Originally Posted by C5 XTC
Very interested in the answer. I am about to do the same to my 07 to tow a tire trailer also. Any pics of install would be most helpful. What model Draw Tite did you get? I am looking at the Curt 11380.
C5 XTC
I will be doing some work on the car tomorrow, and will take a couple of pics showing what I did. I have the wire attached to the receiver neck. I didn't want the wire coming out the trunk. When not using the trailer I wrap it around the receiver and stick the connecter into the receiver hole itself. It stays put and well protected from the elements. (Yes I drive it in the rain.. after I discovered the wiper switch )
Old 01-19-2007, 11:09 AM
BlueThunderousZ06
Racer

C5 XTC, I bought and installed a Draw Tite Sport Hitch #24658. Now I need to wire the trailer and need to know the best way to find and tap into the Vette harness.

Does anyone have some info?

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
7Bob3
Burning Brakes

Everything is behind the inner right taillight.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Blackmon
Everything is behind the inner right taillight.
Bob: is that for the C5? Have any idea if it would be the same for a C6? I assume you can snake the wires through the taillight down to the rear of the car. I did that with an XM antenna on my C5. C5 XTC

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to attach wire harness

Quick Reply: Best way to attach wire harness