Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Mountain Attendees - Janet etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spring Mountain Attendees - Janet etc.

OK guys we will be heading up for corvette days this weekend - but in an unbelievable fit of stupidity we have decided to kill 2 birds with one stone - my brother and I will be bring our dirt bikes and arriving a day early and be staying a day later - and we are looking for any BLM or other riding areas/trails for dirtbikes - we like the trails alot more than big sand bowls with a bunch of people crashing in to each other.

Anyone have any ideas for a good riding spot near to parump -

Carl Johansson

BTW - Attention C-5 and C-6 drivers - You have 250 more Horsepower than me - you have 300 - 600 sq inches more of braking - and 15 - 20 years newer technology!

you should be kicking my *** ! it's not a big accomplishmernt - but, if It will make you feel better, I will bring a trophy for the one who is most proud of conquering me and my 86 C-4!

Last edited by Carl Johansson; 01-21-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

First you need to get away from the place called Vegas!! Nothing there but people, people, more people and killings daily.

Best rides are in Logandale and in Mesquite out by Bunkerville back in the Virgin Mountains. You can go all the way to Lake Mead in a day easy. It will be cool on the bikes this time of year as well so better plan for that.

Stay at the Virgin River in Mesquite ... cheap and the best buffet in the world! If you're making the trip I would spend a few days. We used to spend 5 weeks and you can ride well over 100 miles a day and not see the same place twice. No people to bother you, no "Ranger Ricks" to spoil the fun.

Logandale is magnificent ... like the Valley of Fire but open to the ATV's.

Last edited by rbl; 01-21-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Thanks but we need to stay around Parump, Family, car trailers, hotels etc- we don't want to spend alot of time driving back and forth or loading and unloading!- the ideal setup is find a place just out of Parump!

Carl Johansson
Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Janet Curran
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by Carl Johansson
OK guys we will be heading up for corvette days this weekend - but in an unbelievable fit of stupidity we have decided to kill 2 birds with one stone - my brother and I will be bring our dirt bikes and arriving a day early and be staying a day later - and we are looking for any BLM or other riding areas/trails for dirtbikes - we like the trails alot more than big sand bowls with a bunch of people crashing in to each other.

Anyone have any ideas for a good riding spot near to parump -

Carl Johansson

BTW - Attention C-5 and C-6 drivers - You have 250 more Horsepower than me - you have 300 - 600 sq inches more of braking - and 15 - 20 years newer technology!

you should be kicking my *** ! it's not a big accomplishmernt - but, if It will make you feel better, I will bring a trophy for the one who is most proud of conquering me and my 86 C-4!
Carl, I'll see what I can find out for you. There is lots of BLM property around Pahrump. We just have to make sure that we don't direct you to an area that is closed. I'm sure that there will be good places to ride.

Janet
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Carl, I'll ping a dirt rider I know who has friend in Vegas that do much riding all over Nevada and California. I'll post if I get anything.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Thanks Bimota and Janet - I really appreciate the help!

Carl Johansson
Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 PM
SteveS66
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carl,

I've always wanted to do the same thing. It would probably be a fun ride to head towards the mountains from the back straight. Try asking Trasi where to go. I think both her boys used to ride.

Steve
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Yah,
Janet says the same thing - just ask the guys at the track! so thats what we will do! You interested in coming along? I got a spare 350 that needs to be worked out!

Carl Johansson

Originally Posted by SteveS66
Carl,

I've always wanted to do the same thing. It would probably be a fun ride to head towards the mountains from the back straight. Try asking Trasi where to go. I think both her boys used to ride.

Steve
Old 01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Carl, Just sent you a PM with my friend's contact info.

-Steve
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 AM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

When Rex says its the best buffet in the world, you can bet it is.

Dang, those pictures remind me of the high desert. I miss those days...

Originally Posted by rbl
First you need to get away from the place called Vegas!! Nothing there but people, people, more people and killings daily.

Best rides are in Logandale and in Mesquite out by Bunkerville back in the Virgin Mountains. You can go all the way to Lake Mead in a day easy. It will be cool on the bikes this time of year as well so better plan for that.

Stay at the Virgin River in Mesquite ... cheap and the best buffet in the world! If you're making the trip I would spend a few days. We used to spend 5 weeks and you can ride well over 100 miles a day and not see the same place twice. No people to bother you, no "Ranger Ricks" to spoil the fun.

Logandale is magnificent ... like the Valley of Fire but open to the ATV's.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bimota Guy
Carl, Just sent you a PM with my friend's contact info.

-Steve
Thanks Steve - sorry you can't make it this weekend - hope to see ya next time!Carl

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Mountain Attendees - Janet etc.

Quick Reply: Spring Mountain Attendees - Janet etc.