Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Pfadt suspension

I know I am a newbie still to many here in this section. However, I just got done installing the Pfadt system this weekend and was impressed. Here is the thread I have posted elsewhere because I really think it is a very nice set up:

Ok folks, they are on. The coil overs and adjustable sways. Let me say this:

WOW.

A little about me:

I have a 206 MN6, Z51. I lowered it all the way on the stock springs and was only able to acheive 3/4 " lower and sacrificed some ride quality to boot. Not that bad but I noticed it. Like I notice every other imperfection, squeek, noise, rattle or otherwise. I am the guy you dont want to take a long ride with cause I hear everything and will complain bitterly. I feel every nuance of the road and every response of the wheel and suspension.

My goals were a smoother riding car, lower center of gravity, better handling on the street and the ocasional HPDE.

With the Pfadt setup, I have now lowered my car about 3" lower then stock. Currently I am about 3 5/8 " over the ground. This is my choice, but with this setup you can go higher, all the way back to stock if you like.

The Pfadt system allows for endless adjustments. I have chosen a damper stiffness of 10 in the front and 12 in the rear. The range is 1 -16. 16 being the stiffest.

I did not load the springs and did not adjust the ride heigth from how Pfadt sent the coil overs. I can adjust the ride heigth up 3" but there is no need to do so.

The sways are set in the middle perameters, with more to go for understeer/oversteer adjustments. More on this later.

Because of this beautiful, well designed setup, I have increased shock travel, SOFTENED the ride and eliminated most body roll without adding any oversteer issues. Before I just bouncy bounced down the road, now she is smooth and silky. Its amazing to be so low and to have soo much travel in the shock. Not harsh, not jarring like before.

Its a winner folks.

Track video and a full install to come after Spring Mountain this week.

Here is the package:

Here is the car from the rear:

\\

From the front:

From the side on the quick lift:

Thank you to my best buddy, Joe and thank you Aaron Pfadt for this suspension. For anyone considering this setup, feel free to ask me any and all questions you have. This is a definite mod for the C6.

Last edited by LOS ANGELES PI; 01-22-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's quite a adda-boy! Especially with your experience driving such exotics. Look forward to seeing the artwork next weeekend, if my friggin car fires!

Ed
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Dude, we met breifly the last time at Spring Mountain and your car is something to admire.

I am REALLY hoping to see you run it on the track. MAybe if I am lucky you can let me ride biatch for a lap or two.

Are you gonna make it?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
ICaughtVetteFever
Melting Slicks

Great to hear more good things about this setup. I am in the process of installing the same system in my C5, but won't get to test for months due to weather
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Cool! Did you go with the standard or Pfatty sway bars?

I am in the process of installing the Pfatty bars on my C5Z06. Can't make Pahrump next weekend so I will have to wait for the track test. And I still have to install the Dewitts rad w/oil cooler, front brake cooling ducts, and braided brake lines at all 4 corners.

Last edited by Bimota Guy; 01-22-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: details
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bimota Guy
Cool! Did you go with the standard or Pfatty sway bars?

I am in the process of installing the Pfatty bars on my C5Z06. Can't make Pahrump next weekend so I will have to wait for the track test. And I still have to install the Dewitts rad w/oil cooler, front brake cooling ducts, and braided brake lines at all 4 corners.
Way ahead of me my friend.

Yes, I did the Pfatty bars that are adjustable.

What I like thus far is while the car is more responsive, less body roll, I feel more traction and a surer footing on the road with a smoother ride.

Cant explain it better than that.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 AM
AMERICANMUSL
Drifting

Originally Posted by LOS ANGELES PI
Dude, we met breifly the last time at Spring Mountain and your car is something to admire.

I am REALLY hoping to see you run it on the track. MAybe if I am lucky you can let me ride biatch for a lap or two.

Are you gonna make it?
Only if the car is ready...it will be a ease-in event for me...I will save you a seat when it's "good to go!"

Ed
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I look forward to meeting all of you there. I will be there with Roy Benedetti, #97 white T1 '01 ZO6 with the Hardbar logos on it. Anyone have any idea what the temps will be so I can pack appropriate clothes?
Gary Hoffman
603-682-8073 cell
Old 01-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Janet Curran
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by ghoffman
I look forward to meeting all of you there. I will be there with Roy Benedetti, #97 white T1 '01 ZO6 with the Hardbar logos on it. Anyone have any idea what the temps will be so I can pack appropriate clothes?
Gary Hoffman
603-682-8073 cell
Gary, temps will be below freezing early in the morning. During the day temps will "probably" range anywhere from 50-70*. Bring lots of layered clothing and gloves. Temps are hard to predict with our strange weather lately. Also bring sunscreen and a hat.

I look forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

Janet Curran
www.racespringmountain.com
1.877VET4FUN
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
kelp
Drifting

I just installed the Pfadt C/O also. Initially my frame height was 5". I lowered it to 4". Your front wheel looks the same as mine, the rear looks lower by about 1/2". Just for info, I used 800/650 springs. Thanks for your feedback on the Pfadts on your post. Are you going to VIR July?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 AM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

will be there on sat . to meet folks..my set of bars are on order..flying in to vegas to get married!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:02 AM
LOS ANGELES PI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kelp
I just installed the Pfadt C/O also. Initially my frame height was 5". I lowered it to 4". Your front wheel looks the same as mine, the rear looks lower by about 1/2". Just for info, I used 800/650 springs. Thanks for your feedback on the Pfadts on your post. Are you going to VIR July?
Would be nice. I need a couple of items, like a trailer and a place to store it and track wheels and tires.

This is starting to build as a slow obsession and I love it.

I agree on the rear, it needs to come up a 1/4 to 1/2 inch but man does it handle well as is.

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt suspension

Quick Reply: Pfadt suspension