Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto-X tire question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
jackson01
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto-X tire question

I started auto-x mid last summer. Needless to say I'm hooked. I ran my last 4 events on a set of used Hoosier A3's. I want to start this year on a new set of tires and am undecided on whether to go with Hoosier A6's or Kumho 710's. My used tires were 315's around. Are the two makes mainly personal preference or is their a noticeable difference in the two? The people I talked to last year recommended what they were running. If they were on Kumho's, that is what they recommended. If they were on Hoosiers, that was their recommendation. Anyone that has run both, what is your opinion? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
QwickerRon
Racer

Kumho 710. Hands down
Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Racin Jason
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hoosiers have more grip, and are better then kumhos.

Most of the people I talk to get Kumhos becasue they are cheaper...

Kumhos do last longer though.

Hoosiers suck in the cold!

Last edited by Racin Jason; 01-22-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK so I am gonna go against the grain. I will be running Hoosiers mostly this year, because they are faster on asphalt for sure. I will run Kumhos at some other venues. I am going to recommend for you to get the Kumhos for two primary reasons: 1) they are cheaper 2) they seem to last a bit longer.....two important reasons for someone still on the digital learning curve, where having the most competitive tire no matter what the cost is , will not really matter for your results....yet. Plus which the Kumhos are not really that much slower.

BTW, the EVO school in Cincy's registration is about to go live on myautoevents.............

Look forward to seeing you at some of our events...they start in early March.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
jackson01
Racer

Thanks for the input Danny. I'll be contact you in the next couple weeks for an alignment and corner weight. Changed over to Pfadt coilovers over the winter. I'll definitely be registering for the Cinci Evo school. I assume you will be one of the instructors? If so, pull some strings so I'm in your class. Your input on my car setup would be of great help.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto-X tire question

Quick Reply: Auto-X tire question