Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on sub-belt mounting.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Need help on sub-belt mounting.

I am new to the do-it-yourself thing, so please forgive the simple questions.
I bought Corbeau seats with double locking sliders and Corbeau 5 point harnesses which come with Zero instructions. Where do I anchor the sub-belt? Is my only option to put another hole in the floor? I have NO experience fabricating stuff so should I break down and take it to a shop? I've tried searching the forums, but I had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers from Arizona
Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Contact the manufacturer for their recommendation. I am sure that they have diagrams etc. of the best / preferred method of installation. The floor is really not strong enough to anchor a bold without a large bearing plate to spread out the load . One method that I have seen is to use a piece of angle iron between the rear seat hold down bolts and anchor the sub belt to it and run it up through the seat.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Hardbars Lap Belt Cross Bar has provision for your sub belt. Nice product......here's a link, go to the bottom of the page -> http://www.hardbarusa.com/page_options.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on sub-belt mounting.

Quick Reply: Need help on sub-belt mounting.