Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory By Design - Corvette Episode

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Victory By Design - Corvette Episode

SPEED will broadcast a new VBD episode on the Corvette this Friday at 9:00PM EST (rebroadcast Sat. at 1:00AM). From the picture gallery at the show's production co. (Gemini Pictures) website, Alain de Cadenet's discussion will include the CERV I & II, Grand Sport, Greenwood, and C5-R racing Corvettes.

Image gallery can be seen at http://www.geminipictures.co.uk/
Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

COOL !!!!!! Looks like those cars are from Harry Yeagy's collection.....The pictures are from Putnam Park in Indiana. Cant wait to watch this !!!!! Harry's collection is in Cincinnati, I haven't seen it personally yet, but he has many,many vintage Corvette racecars including a C5r. When I grow up I want to be just like Harry (will never happen).
Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

I just saw that on the dvr listings and set it to record. That should be cool.

Do you know what the difference is between a Corvette and a Tbird? Racing!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I hate Alain de Cadenet, he is so smug getting to drive all those exotic and super rare cars...

He drives them rather hard.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
COOL !!!!!! Looks like those cars are from Harry Yeagy's collection.....The pictures are from Putnam Park in Indiana. Cant wait to watch this !!!!! Harry's collection is in Cincinnati, I haven't seen it personally yet, but he has many,many vintage Corvette racecars including a C5r. When I grow up I want to be just like Harry (will never happen).

Danny, does he also own one of the 5 original Grand Sports? Seems I remember one of the owners of those cars was in Cincinnati.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by joemoia
Victory By Design - Corvette Episode
Thanks for posting! I'll be sure to set-up my PVR!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Falcon
Danny, does he also own one of the 5 original Grand Sports? Seems I remember one of the owners of those cars was in Cincinnati.

Jody,
Yes he does, actually 2 of the 5 original Grand Sports are in Cincinnati. Harry Yeagy owns one and Jim Jaeger owns another.....both have extensive vintage roadrace Corvette Collections, but I believe Harry's collection is more complete. I have seen Jim's, I need to see Harry's yet, one day maybe when I am not so busy.......
Old 01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gfacter
I hate Alain de Cadenet, he is so smug getting to drive all those exotic and super rare cars...

As they should be. They're race cars after all. I much rather see them being used as they were intended rather than to be sitting around like a painting to only be looked at.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Jody,
Yes he does, actually 2 of the 5 original Grand Sports are in Cincinnati. Harry Yeagy owns one and Jim Jaeger owns another.....both have extensive vintage roadrace Corvette Collections, but I believe Harry's collection is more complete. I have seen Jim's, I need to see Harry's yet, one day maybe when I am not so busy.......

Holy Moly! 40% of the GS population in one city!

I saw the Penske one at Springfield IL, when they had the Bloomington Gold there in '96. Some guy had just bought it at auction, was that Harry?

I didn't get to the Amelia Island Concours a few years ago when they had all 5 together for the 1st time. I have pictures of them, but didn't get to see them.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

He can afford to buy them if he wrecks them, from what I understand.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
gfacter
Pro

There was one where he drove the 312PB
Old 02-02-2007, 10:08 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Just got done watching the show......Man are those 60's-early 70's vintage race cars cool.

Show seemed well done, Alain certainly did not drive any of those cars very hard on the show, in fact he looked like he was driving like a girl.....Never heard any angry Corvette noises , and those L88's and ZL1's are a huge handful I am sure. He said that the Grand Sport had a 377 cu in engine, but he was pointing to a big-block. Kewl none the less. Sound dubbing on the show on occassions left ALOT to be desired. Awful lot of commercials too...........
Old 02-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Grand Sport gave me chills
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TAF Motorsports
That Grand Sport gave me chills
If you want a replica one, check my buddys website out here. He is in Medina,Ohio and builds the replicas in coupes or roadsters.

www.mongoosems.com
Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 AM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Over the last few years we've caught most if not all the Victory by Design series and think they're fantastic. Alain de Cadenet does a good job of presenting and driving the cars.

I was surprised to see the Corvette show listed last night and glad to see they're making some new shows. Although in this one the cars didn't seem to be pushed as hard. I guess it could have been insurance issues if the cars were driven in the US as some of them were.

Nice to see Speed Channel run a show worth watching. I'm almost given up finding anything worth watching on there that wasn't NASCAR hype or other non sport car or non sports car racing.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Z06 Fever
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I just check Speed's program listings for the entire month of February to see if they were going to run it again. Guess what? Nothing. They're too busy running NASCAR shows and bobsledding!! Hey Speed TV! If you're reading this I want my Speedvision back!

I really wish someone (NASCAR or Fox) would create a NASCAR network so the rest of us could watch sports car events.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Just give the guy a chance...don't hate the man! He's a Brit and a little different than us good ole boys but a very experienced driver with a lot of knowledge.

He drives them hard, just like they were back in the day. He's talented enough not to put them at risk but demonstrates them properly.

I've seen a lot ov VbD shows and they seem to have the clout to get the significant and important cars...not just some restored peices but "the car that saved Corvette" or "the most winningest" or the original concept car, the Greenwood Le Mans car. etc., etc.

I loved seeing all of the restored Vettes from England and the race cars on race tracks in the states (Putnam Park was one).

I thought is was good show, I'm contemplating buying the long version DVD...if someone copied the number down please post it.

Get notified of new replies

To Victory By Design - Corvette Episode

Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
gfacter
Pro

Great Show

Hate is too strong a word, more like massive envy.

The making of Victory by design was cool also.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recorded
Old 02-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Great Show

Hate is too strong a word, more like massive envy.

The making of Victory by design was cool also.
Now that's an opinon I can support

Quick Reply: Victory By Design - Corvette Episode