Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro/Mustang challenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Camaro/Mustang challenge

Finally sold my Spitfire last night, so now I have to start thinking about getting a track day/race car. Looking at the prices for a competitive car in the Camaro/Mustang challenge, I was surprised that you could pick up a good car for about the price of a Spec Miata.

Anyone have any experience with this series? The person who bought my car runs a shop at Infineon and said that the cars are not allowed a lot of modifications which keeps the price down.

Any input would be appreciated.

Larry
Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 AM
bsim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best series in the world. But I'm not biased at all.

As racing goes, it's on the cheap end. Cars from $5k to $14k, one set of tires per year, brakes are the biggest expense (maybe a few sets of pads per year). Stock drivetrains hold up and keep costs down.

Let me know if I can answer anything specific, and check out http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/cmcbb for our forums. Just don't listen to the whiny Mustang drivers.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:57 AM
bsim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, next month we're at CA Speedway, but April is up at Thunderhill - I think that's up by you. Stop by!

Get notified of new replies

To Camaro/Mustang challenge

Quick Reply: Camaro/Mustang challenge