Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with pedal setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Canam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help with pedal setup

This spring I plan on a new pedal setup for heel and toe on my C4 6 speed that I use to teach with on track days. I like my pedals very close together. Local shops have billet pedal sets for rice burners etc but nothing specific to the vette.
Can some post pics please of yours and I'll fab some up or where did you get your bought set. Also did you have problems with the gas pedal interfering with the floor on full throttle. Thanks guys.

P.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Snidley
Burning Brakes

Not sure if they do them for the C4, but check out Elite Engineering. They have 2 versions of a wider gas peddle.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Canam
Pro

Thanks. I'll fab one up if I have to and probably just the wider gas pedal will work. Will still be interested in anyones pics. I'll also check this place out.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:12 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I use the Elite Engineering pedal on my C5. Makes it very easy to roll the right foot over to blip the throttle on downshifts. Good product, a little pricy though--
Old 02-04-2007, 10:09 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a really hard time believing that the stock C4 pedals are not close enough for you already.......The brake pedal and accelerator pedal are very close stock, closer than any other Corvette produced.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I have a really hard time believing that the stock C4 pedals are not close enough for you already.......The brake pedal and accelerator pedal are very close stock, closer than any other Corvette produced.
I agree, I only put my 92 on track as the lead/follow instructors car but find the heel and toe very easy to do. In fact, I find myself heel and toeing on the street most of the time without even thinking about it.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:31 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I am driving a manual transmission car, I only know one way of driving it , just like I use them on the track......Always downshift through every gear, always heal-n-toe. This builds these processes as a natural reaction and becomes routine . Its a whole lot easier if you do not have to think about how to do it as you are doing it. I drive a beater Honda CRX si every day and it is very good practice......I even left foot brake . Practice,practice,practice.............. ..........
Old 02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Canam
Pro

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Oh I can do it. Have been. Its just not good enough for me. I like em real close especially if I'm lazy enough to do a rollover instead of heeling

Get notified of new replies

To help with pedal setup

Quick Reply: help with pedal setup