Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFC-Z pads for AutoX????

Old 02-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Dolfan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PFC-Z pads for AutoX????

I'm curious if people have had good luck with the PFC-Z rated pads on C5's specifically Z06's?

AutoZone offers these with a 2 yr warranty which isn't too bad, might get a second set out of the deal.

I's like to hear peoples experiance with these or if folks switched to something else and why????
Old 02-03-2007, 06:41 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I ran two years of Auto-X and a few track days on my "Z" pads. They are down to about 1/3 on the front so now they are just street pads. You must run them down close to the metal (Way to close for track days) before they will give you another set. I now use '01's for the track because I'm working the brakes a lot harder, more than the "Z's" like to work.

Good pad, just remember to warm them up (just once) after they have cooled down, that first stop is a long one!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:33 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dolfan
I'm curious if people have had good luck with the PFC-Z rated pads on C5's specifically Z06's?

AutoZone offers these with a 2 yr warranty which isn't too bad, might get a second set out of the deal.

I's like to hear peoples experiance with these or if folks switched to something else and why????
There was some discussion a while back about PFC-Z no longer being made by PFC. Guys were having a hard time finding them.

Are you putting these on a Z06 for AX or looking for pads for your 89/C4 ?

Reason I ask is I tried PFC-Z and Hawk HP+ on my 92/C4 for AX and gave the PFC-Z away. The HP+ were that much better. Really strong initial bite and do not fade doing AX at all. Even if you were doing an Evo school with them. I did. 32 runs in 1 day and no fade.

Now if you are using a Z06 then stick with the Z06 pads. To me they almost feel identical to the HP+. Same initial bite and no fade. They dust as bad as the HP+ but it isn't so nasty and corrosive.

Anyway that's my opinion. Someone will show up and tell you the exact opposite when it comes to PFC-Z and HP+. There is a difference in the pedal feel with these pads and you have to like that modulation feeling that they give. It is very different to me. The HP+ did not require me to stand on the brake pedal like the PFC-Z to get the car to slow or stop.

You could also consider the Carbotech Panther. Their new one is called AX Plus or some such.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Dolfan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes these are for my 04 Z06, my signature and my garage stil show the C4 :-)

I agree in the C4 the Hawks are good I've been in other people cars with them and they bite hard.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:12 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

I run the PFZ's, I'm one of the lucky few that got in while the 'lifetime warranty' was still being offered.

It's a good all around pad. More aggressive pads like the Hawks work better, but they also eat rotors. The PFC's are dirty though
Old 02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Graham.

The PFCZ's are very good pads and give good life. They are still available from MSI, forum vendor. You can not get them from Auto Zone any longer. They are also rotor freindly but they will flat stop the car.

Get notified of new replies

To PFC-Z pads for AutoX????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PFC-Z pads for AutoX????