Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Rev seat installed. Pictures.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Sparco Rev seat installed. Pictures.

This is a Sparco Rev. Not the Rev Plus. I used the Sparco base, Sparco slider, and the Sparco side plates. Did not lose any head room. I had my wife measure from my helmet to ceiling in both seats. (Stock and Rev) If anything she thought I had a tiny bit more room with the Sparco. Seat slides back and forth with no problems. The shoulder wings do not hit the door. About 1" clearance. I did have to modify the stock seat belt on the tunnel side. As you can see in one of the pictures the seat belt is much lower then if you left it stock. I also made a bracket and attach it to the Sparco base further back. With the shorter belt and mounting it back further, the seat belt fits pretty good. If your leave the belt stock, you can see how high it sits above the seat in one of the other pictures. I'm still going to use a separate lap belt. Pictures will follow when I get that done.

Steve

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 02-04-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Hans Delbruck
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same setup - seats, mounts and sliders. Made a huge difference. I thought I was the only one who could fit in a Rev Did you also get the Sparco harness bar? Mine is collecting dust.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
bowmanm98

Nice, I have the Sparco Roadsters to install this week. No problems with the airbag light if you unplug the battery correct? How do you get those little plastic feet off covering the bolts?

Last edited by bowmanized; 02-05-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I had the exact same setup - seats, mounts and sliders. Made a huge difference. I thought I was the only one who could fit in a Rev Did you also get the Sparco harness bar? Mine is collecting dust.
It seems like everyone is bigger then me. Lucky for me my wife fits in it too. No harness bar for now. I'm a little afraid when I do track days that I could roll the car. If I do anything, it will be a roll bar.

Steve
Old 02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
Nice, I have the Sparco Roadsters to install this week. No problems with the airbag light if you unplug the battery correct? How do you get those little plastic feet off covering the bolts?
My Corvette is a 99 and after unplugging everything which isn't easy, I had no air bag lights or even a seatbelt light come on. That might be different with other year cars. Just take a small screwdriver and pliers and pull out about 3/8" the small plug. Then wiggle the whole plastic piece out. The floor bracket nuts take a 15mm socket.

Good luck on your install.
Show us pictures when your done.

Steve
Old 02-05-2007, 07:07 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have a telescoping wheel put it where you want it before you remove the seat it will no longer work.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some EE type person should figure out what smarts the seat has a build a dummy box to plug into the connector...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
mash
Racer

Hey guys. Curious what model of Sparco seat this is, and what the price is? Sliders and plates?

I`m a big guy. 6'1", 285. Have always used the butler type seats in GT1 cars, making the switch to a Z06 (2001). We need a seat for sure.

Mash
Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Hans Delbruck
Pro

Originally Posted by mash
Hey guys. Curious what model of Sparco seat this is, and what the price is? Sliders and plates?

I`m a big guy. 6'1", 285. Have always used the butler type seats in GT1 cars, making the switch to a Z06 (2001). We need a seat for sure.

Mash

The Rev is the most narrow seat Sparco makes as far as I know. Next step up is the Evo, then the Evo2. I think I paid about $579 for mine. I got all the mounting hardware, belts, etc from
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/
Old 09-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Acethetics
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know where I can order a bracket for this seat?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:31 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,425 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by mash

Mash
The Rev will be WAY too small for you. I'm 6'2 and a relatively lean 180 pounds, the Evo 2 is the right size for me. An Evo 3 or larger will be needed for you. Truthfully it seems like a lot of the guys that are bigger run the aluminum seats for extra room.

Get notified of new replies

To Sparco Rev seat installed. Pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sparco Rev seat installed. Pictures.