Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Free Entry To Hooked On Corvettes Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:32 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One Free Entry To Hooked On Corvettes Track Day

ONE FREE ENTRY TO HOOKED ON CORVETTES TRACK DAY –

BY MSI

Mark your calanders… …Thursday March 29th Motor Sport Image & Performance, Inc. shall be sponsoring a Corvette Track Day at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, CA.

This will be a WSCC sanctioned event put on by “Hooked On Driving.”

We expect over 100 corvettes, both new, old and some in between. For the first timers, there will be expert “one on one” instruction and for the experienced drivers there will be an intermediate and advanced run group for you too.

MSI will be holding a drawing for one pre-paid entry to this event. In order to win the drawing you will need to purchase at least $100 worth of products from MSI. These purchases may be made in our store, over the phone or on our new & improved www.motorsportimage.com web site shopping cart (due to be up in the next couple weeks) between February 10th and March 15th. For those items that we have in stock but haven’t made it to the web site, have no fear, we will take orders over the phone as well.

Please let us know if you want to be entered into the drawing when you make your purchase.

At this event we plan on having our support trailer, a product display and items for sale. We will be putting on a presentation for preparing a car for track days as well as a presentation of safety equipment for you & your car.

Some of the feature products that will be on display are:

Performance Friction’s new C5 & C6 Track Brake system. This system will out perform the new C6 Z06 brakes by a substantial margin. It features their ALMS/NASCAR proven monoblock designed calipers and Direct Drive “Rattle Free” full floating brake rotors. We will also have a full assortment of PFC and CarboTech brake pads and Baer Brakes as well.

Callaway Cold Air Intake systems
Cobra Racing seats
Racetech Racing seats
Crow Racing Harnesses
Bell, Pyrotech, Zamp Racing helmets and driver suits
HANS Device (NASCAR, F1, ALMS approved Head And Neck Suport)
Piloti Driving shoes
QA1, Bilstein and Koni shocks
MSI & Hotchkis anti-sway bars
Kinesis, Weld American & ForgeLine as well as Corvette reproduction wheels
Fire systems and fire extinguishers
Comp Cams
Kooks Headers
Motorola 2 way Radio systems
MSI Braided Brake Lines
MSI Ceramic coated tunnel plates
ADAMS Car Care Products
and more...

We look forward to seeing you at the track.

Last edited by C5stein; 02-09-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:02 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great support Mark and I just know I'll be needing some brake pads
soon. After 4 years of watching Vettes grow in numbers at the tracks
this will be a treat to see that many out hunting apexs. Most I've seen
before is about 32 at R-F a couple years ago.
Randy
Old 02-09-2007, 01:17 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

I hope you can make it Randy.

I just got a shipment of Z-rated pads and "01" pads in this week. The PFC Direct Drive "Rattle Free" Full Floating Rotors are in stock too.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 PM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default thunderhill

Mark,
I will see you there, already signed up. 6 or 7 from our club will be there. Most are first timers.

Steve
Old 02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
speedj2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a pretty exciting track... better bring a course map and study up... because most of the corners are blind... they seem to break on the top of a hill... and there's very few landmarks to guide you... and definately bring an extra set of brake pads.

Last edited by speedj2; 02-14-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark,

Sold the Spitfire and signed up for this track day. Now I am looking hard for another car we can set up as a track day / street car. If not you get to do an alignment on the 2000 before the event, as well as a reprogram on the compter.

Larry
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Hi Steve, I look forward to seeing you guys from Lake County. Did it snow up there last week? I sure miss the white topped hills around the lake durring the winter. They sure were pretty.

Hey Larry, we are running out of weekends if we are going to tune your car. I'm really enjoying my new alignment equipment. Got an advanced training session yesterday. It is amazing. That machine will give me Camber, Caster, toe, thrust angle, Ackerman (toe out in turns), scrub radius, left & right wheel base, stagger, and offset within 15 minutes. It used to take over an hour to get all that information before.

At first I didn't think that I would use all that info, but last week I had a 1963 Lotus 19B (one of one built for Dan Gurney ) and the right rear seemed to be way off even though camber and toe was adjusted to where it was supposed to be. We were quickly able to determine that the right rear suspension was tucked in almost one inch from where it belonged by viewing cross measurement, front track, rear track and axle offsets. It seems that they had replaced bent upper and lower control arm links and someone had adjusted them in way too much. It goes to show that MSI investing $30k on a machine allows us to do a better job than what was otherwise possible.

See you soon guys.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
steponc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default thunderhill

Mark,
The hills were only light in snow but Snow Mountain area is very white. I'll be coming to see you with new tires and rims to mount and balance and do an alignment with in a couple of weeks. I have to finish the mini-tub first. Hopefully this weekend.
Steve
Old 02-16-2007, 10:31 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Cool deal Steve. I look forward to seeing you.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check with the boss and see if I can drive out there. SOunds like a great event, as a long time member of WSCC, and past officer of the E-Board I will do my best to get out there.

I will check with of the local hotshoes out here and see if any one is interetsed in making the drive

vettmike
Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vettmike

I will check with the boss and see if I can drive out there. SOunds like a great event, as a long time member of WSCC, and past officer of the E-Board I will do my best to get out there.

I will check with of the local hotshoes out here and see if any one is interetsed in making the drive

vettmike

Should only take 4 days or so to drive out, and you can always leave your cars here and fly home.

Get notified of new replies

To One Free Entry To Hooked On Corvettes Track Day

Quick Reply: One Free Entry To Hooked On Corvettes Track Day