Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM P0704 Code Question Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:45 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default PCM P0704 Code Question Please!!

My check engine light is on so I ran a check on the codes. The only current code is "P0704", something that has to do the the clutch switch.

I just had a clutch put in so I'm thinking it's a connection. Any Ideas on where to look first??? OR what clutch switch the 704 code is refering to?

Thanks for any ideas
Old 02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna be no help here--SORRY--but I was curious about this.

First I looked at my list of codes and I have listed as P0704 Clutch Switch Circuit. Then I went to my trusty owner's manual and looked back in the lists for the engine block and instument panel fuse blocks--nothing. Then last, but not least, I actually searched for "clutch switch circuit" on the board--nothing revealing!

I'm sure someone will solve this mystery so hang in there!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I guess I'm out in left field by myself once again. Hard to believe no one else has fielded this problem.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:27 PM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A list of OBD codes calls P0704 a clutch switch, so you might want to check the CPP switch on the clutch pedal. It is probably the one on the pedal assembly that gets pressed when the clutch pedal is all the way out, not the one that enables the starter crank.

Maybe it got messed up or not reconnected when your clutch was done.

FWIW this code does not exist on a 2004 C5.

Bob
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D'oh! I forgot to ask too whether or not you have a "C" or "H" or both displayed along with the code? The "C" being current and the "H" is history, a code that happen in the past.

Have you tried to clear the code? Did it return?

I think too with certain of the codes some appear right away and others take a various number of failures or irregularities to show up.

Good luck! Sorry I don't have a local serivice advisor to test this question on.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

OK, I'm back for an Up-Date (hate it when work gets in the way) First of all, for future reference, the code did have a current and history indication (H C on the readout). I was able to clear the code and engine light by following the manual. I haven't driven it but a few miles so only time will tell if it stays off.

Will keep ya informed if thinks change
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 AM
Westwopper
Racer

Same problem... Add to list of 50 other items that have broken on my **** box. Replaced switch in Sat. When I get in Wed night I'll fire it up, wake up my neighbors, and try it out.

Man I hate the fact that my car breaks so many parts.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 PM
C5VETTE026
Heel & Toe

ive had this problem with mine a few times is there a way to unscrew it and stick it up somewhere where it wont get pressed? whats the purpose of it being there in the first place?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5VETTE026
ive had this problem with mine a few times is there a way to unscrew it and stick it up somewhere where it wont get pressed? whats the purpose of it being there in the first place?
It is usually used to disable the cruise control when you engage the clutch (at least on most cars I know that have such a switch).

Get notified of new replies

To PCM P0704 Code Question Please!!

Quick Reply: PCM P0704 Code Question Please!!