Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 97-07 Race diff release

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Default New 97-07 Race diff release

We usually do not advertise these for sale. We have been building Full blown race differentials for years, we were the exclusive supplier to Banner Racings, Leighton Reese on all of his Corvettes. The diffs that we were building were never inteded for street use and they had tuned clutchs in them. Now we have something we have been working towards for over two years that is done. We have a Torque biasing differential that will help for road racers, autocrossers and be able to drive on the street with no symptoms of the capability of the diff. For those who do not like the clutch bind it will also eliminate that because there are no clutchs. These units are available for sale that you can build yourself or our rebuild department who builds Leighton's diffs can build one of ours in whatever stage is needed from the street to a full blown Grand Am or World Challenge car.
Thanks
Justin Abbott
http://207.67.3.57/Zip/productr.asp?...45A217F7349EF2
Old 02-14-2007, 11:33 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a great deal, the quaiffe's are very good units, now on my wish list.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Two years ago Bobby Archer told me that they tested the Quaife in a Viper that uses almost the same Dana 44 as the C4 Corvette and they picked up almost 2 seconds per lap. Now to me that sounds like it is too good to be true, but races are lost hundredths difference in lap times. Our tuned clutch setup was pretty awesome and that is where the idea for the ZO6 clutch setup came from, but ours was never intended to be on the street so it ruled out selling to anyone that did not have a all out race car. This diff will work for everyone and that is what is so cool about it. Bobby told me that it will take some getting use to because your throttle and the cars handling will change a little and the car will feel loose even though it is not. I am getting ready to install one in my own C6 race car. With our rules being the way they are on the engines I need every advantage I can get.
Thanks
Justin

Get notified of new replies

To New 97-07 Race diff release

Quick Reply: New 97-07 Race diff release