Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shopping today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Car shopping today...

...Well I'm off to go buy something today...

I'm looking at TWO Twin Turbo 911s in Charlottesville, then popping over the mountain to Harrisonburg to Look at a slightly used 2007 Z06 (Yellow w/LZ2 package). If none of these pan out for me, I'm also looking at a 2006 BMW M3 that the wife would eventually inherit...

I'm also looking at a used 2006Viper online that's in Miami Florida... All these cars are in the same ballpark/price point and all will be used as daily drivers/track toys, and none will see rain or snow.

Wish Me luck!

Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 08:36 AM
MattW_VA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Mikelly
...Well I'm off to go buy something today...

I'm looking at TWO Twin Turbo 911s in Charlottesville, then popping over the mountain to Harrisonburg to Look at a slightly used 2007 Z06 (Yellow w/LZ2 package). If none of these pan out for me, I'm also looking at a 2006 BMW M3 that the wife would eventually inherit...

I'm also looking at a used 2006Viper online that's in Miami Florida... All these cars are in the same ballpark/price point and all will be used as daily drivers/track toys, and none will see rain or snow.

Wish Me luck!

Mike
Sounds like fun, good luck! Are the TT 911s still under factory warranty?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

have fun, mike. nice set of cars you are looking at! my only personal opinion to make is on the m3...the last good m3 was on the e36 platform. I had an '02 e46 and hated it...kept it for 15ish months and had trouble getting rid of it...ended up buy the z06 and had both for a couple months until it sold. With that said, I am on corvette #2 :-) I think I am hooked...however, I would have a tough time choosing between a GT3 and a new z06
Old 02-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Well I'm back... And broke... You guys are gonna dis-own me...

I didn't take my camera, and I don't have one on this E61 Nokia PDA... So no pics... But I ended up buying the fastest car I've ever been at the controls of... Ever.... The 2001 Porsche 911TT that has all the mods won out. It's making 510 WHEEL HP at all four corners, 531#ft. torque, and has just been serviced and has new tires... It also has the GT3 RSR seats in it. After driving this car, And even though the exhaust is WAY to loud, I shook my head and put a deposit down on it...

It's getting clear bra installed this week, and will have lojake installed as well. I purchased an extended 48 month 48K mile warranty for the car as well...

I can't wait to get it and start learning how to drive it... But it was EASY to drive it fast, and the thing never ran out of steam...

Mike
Old 02-17-2007, 03:59 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like fun... on my side I think my wife has decided on an '07 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged to replace her '91 Miata... not quite in the same league...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Yea I'm a tad bit excited... It's black and looks essentially like a GT2 because of the GT2 rear wing. The car was cornerweighted, but the dealer did a factory alignment, so you can throw that out... in the receipts for it the info on the corner weighting of the car put it at 3312 without driver and at 3/4 tank of fuel. With driver it was 3524... This thing is lighter than I though...

It has aftermarket suspension/springs/shocks/swaybars and new padget pads on it...Gonna be fun!

Mike
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Drove it home tonight. It was too dark to get any decent pics, but I'll post some soon as I can. This car, after driving it for an hour, is an absolute blast, and I can see the whole "porsche" addiction. The car is magical to drive, and the sound of that flat six at 1+bar is amazing.

I'm signed up for VIR with THSCC on Easter Weekend at VIR...

It's mine and the banks now!
Mike
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! 510whp sounds like a force to be reckoned with.

i might have to sign up for the easter weekend thscc just to see this thing.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

I encourage you to do so.. It'll be a good time, and my first time at the track since Last April!!

Mike
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
dmwhite
Racer

Originally Posted by Mikelly
I'm signed up for VIR with THSCC on Easter Weekend at VIR...
sweet, i'll be there too, looking forward to seeing it!

congrats on the new car!

-David (still waiting for the right p-car to pop up for sale )

Get notified of new replies

To Car shopping today...

Quick Reply: Car shopping today...